Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
If we dont do any tradeing and have to pick where we are right now.

1st Lienert/Young...... it doesnt matter to me!

2nd Bobby Carpenter, Ohio St..... will be an awesome MLB or OLB better then D'Qwell Jackson. Hawk was the only reason he wasnt in the spotlight.

3RD ------ TRAVIS HENRY------ ooooops!!!!

4th(from Dyson) Kai Parham, Virginia .... MLB.... Great size, speed, and upside.

4th Todd Watkins, BYU.......WR...... 6-3 185lbs runs a 4.30... Calico Replacement

5th Marcus Maxey, Miami ..... CB..... 6-2 195 runs a 4.42 ... Bye Rich Garner

6th E.J. Whitley, Texas Tech ..... OT..... Munch project, at any OL position

7th Kevin Simon, Tennessee ...... OLB.... Another project

------------------------------------------------------------

I'd rather do what ever tradeing we have to to get a Top three QB probably Cutler and Hawk, this would solve many problems for us. We dont need a bunch of picks, we need Studs.

We'll have a third. Bye bye Volek, and possibly Sirmon.

Other than that I like your draft. I like D'Qwell Jackson, but if Carpentor is there, I'm all for taking him.

Why do you draft 2 LB's as high as round 2 and 4? With Thornton and Bulluck we only need someone to play the middle and a 2nd round pick might be a little high on a "situational" LB. Secondly Parham is more of a 3-4 backer AFAIK.

I think we already have Calico's replacement on the roster.

We might look to add a guard or center to replace Hartwig, Olson and Piller (I know the latter are both still here, but not for many more years, so maybe draft a project here).

Well think about it were loseing Boiman, Kassell, and probably Sirmon.

We have picked up Thorton so we still need two LBers.

Gardner is a goner. So thats one CB

Hopkins is done, so theres your O lineman.

I think we lose one of the low WR'S Small, Thomas, or Wade

Keep the input comeing.

We just signed a Center....

btw Carpenter can play inside or outside, he has the speed and tackleing ability to do both. Thus the 2nd round pick. With our injury history its like insurance.....

AFLAK!!!! QUACK, QUACK!

I'm still for adding another safety somewhere. I'm not high on Lamont and haven't seen enough of Fuller. Nickey is a goner imho along with the other guy (Sandy?).

I liked Lejune and Randall from preseason last year - wonder if they'll get another shot?

biggest needs in no particular order: QB/SS/OLB/MLB/C/T/G/FB/K/P/CB i think at least 7 of these positons will be filled...i added the special teams because i notice hentrich is gettign up there and even though its not immediate we should look for some outside the draft help or something and fb was another issue where flemming appeared non existant in this offence.

Center? We just got one beastly center to a three year deal?
OLB for depth yeah, not starters.
FB Fleming did fine, and even if he didn't Scaife?
CB? Jones and Hill?? I'm happy with them, maybe use a late round for depth.
K not a need.
QB no doubt.

We won't draft a safety, unless they take Jason Allen as fit later for either S or CB. I have a suspicion Andre Woolfolk will get some looks in the safety position, but it's not an overwhelming need. I take that back about Allen, if Jimmy Williams fell into the 2nd, I can see them taking him as BPA. He's falling, but certainly won't fall that far.

I see us taking an O-lineman in the third, when we make a move either by trading Volek or doing whatever else.

I like taking Bobby Carpenter and Kai Parham. And yes, we will definitely be drafting two LBs. I don't think a Griesen signing would come until after the draft at this point. Hopefully the 5.0 he ran will drop Parham down until the 2nd day.

I'll be surprised if Kevin Simon lasted until the seventh, but I could be missing something. Omar Gaither wouldn't surprise me.

I like that mock draft pretty well.

The one position I think could be addressed is RB. Not necessarily a starter, but a 3rd down option. Maurice Drew in the right spot wouldn't suprise me, and there's a few others. If the right person was there, they could jump on a RB as early as two, as crazy as that sounds, if the fit was right. Basically, I think they're going to look for a poor man's Bush, someone who can run and catch very well.

RB in Round 2 is not crazy. Henry is one joint/blow away from a one-year suspension and Brown is in the last year of his contract and has proven suseptible to injury....they should be hedging their bet in both cases. Oh, and the guy they drafted last year in the 5th (wasted pick imo) and Jarrett Payton are not starting material and not the future at RB for this team.

updated mock

1.1 of the qbs or trade down & pick up young or cutler
2.m mcneil rt monster in runnibg game coulsd be our rt next 10 yrs.
4.j norwood great speed & has been durable
5 tim dobbins mlb iowa lays the lumber
5josh lay cb pitt
6greg blue s georgia,another big hitter,we need to intimadate again
7 jay mccariens cb princeton yes justins brother
7 skler green wr lsu we need playmakers
7fred matuaa og usc

1. Young
2. Carpenter or Jackson
3. (courtesy of Mr. Volek) Charles Spencer OG from Pitt
4. Alan Zemaitis CB Penn State (this guy is a STEAL here!!)
5. Bernard Pollard S Purdue
5. Brandon Johnson LB Louisville
6. Isaac Sowells OT Indiana
7. Taurean Henderson RB Texas Tch
7. Sklyer Green WR LSU
7. John Torp P Colorado

I think I didn't added the right amount of comp picks.

The late rounds are the hardest of course. We'll probably move around some on draft day with our six picks in the last three rounds.

theprizdfighter said:
1. Young
2. Carpenter or Jackson
3. (courtesy of Mr. Volek) Charles Spencer OG from Pitt
4. Alan Zemaitis CB Penn State (this guy is a STEAL here!!)
5. Bernard Pollard S Purdue
5. Brandon Johnson LB Louisville
6. Isaac Sowells OT Indiana
7. Taurean Henderson RB Texas Tch
7. Sklyer Green WR LSU
7. John Torp P Colorado
i promise you we wont draft a wr or punter this year(especially a punter)

We don't have enough roster space for all the picks. I think we'll wind up packaging some of those late round (6th and 7th) with Volek to get back into the third.

Also, where is Michael Robinson projected? Could anyone else see us taking him in the 5th as a project/Randle El type player? I know Fisher was high on him at the Senior Bowl.

I don't know the players we'll take, but I have an idea of the positions.
1. QB (We all know the choices)
2. LB (Jackson, Hodge, Carpenter if he falls)
3. T
4. CB
5. OLB (For depth)
5. G
6. Trade w/ Volek to get 3rd rounder
7. DE
7. Trade w/ Volek to get 3rd rounder
7. BPA (There's no real "need" left.)

That's just my guess.

EDIT: I think I'm missing a 7th. It would be BPA too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back