archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
trade down with jets pick up a3rd rd pick
cost jets less & they still get hollywood qb
1 rd 4. v young qb
2 rd 39. j addaii rb lsu
3 rd71 r ocallahan cal another runyan ot could see pillar or olson cut,d stewart or jacob bell ready to step up.
4. pat watking s fsu elite prospect out of high school,neeeds coached up
5 chad adderson ilb ky set out last year for academic reasons but led secin tackles in 2003,excels at stopping the run,great instincts,good bltzer & has a great motor ,imtense ,might have some rust only drawback.
5.tim jennings cb georgia 4.32 40 perfect nickel back
6.willie reid wr fsu 4.34 a terrror in open field ,we need big play guys to break all these short passes into big plays
7.keven simon ilb tn if he stays heathy a steal
7 garrett mills fb tulsa ,top rated fb ,fleming needs some comp dropped way too may passes
7 chrisb barclay ,rb wf over 4000 yds & 40 tds great change of pace 4.4 40

Thats pretty bad buddy. We have 2 1000 yd rushers in the backfield (one of which we used a 3rd round draft pick on) and a back we used a fifth on. I see it as very unlikely that we draft a running back other than lendale in the second. Then you draft yet another running back in the 7th. COME ON! That'll leave us with Brown, Henry, Nash, Payton, Addaii, Barclay. Their isnt enough downs to go around. ILB is a big need. We need a head hunter and you didnt address that until the 5th with a lb that has had problems on and off the field. Then in 7th round with an injury prone LB! You cant say that Im hating on the Vols..... I got to UT now. Why would we go with a nickel back in the fifth when we have woolfolk, fuller, and nickey to hold that down. You got some splaining to do on this on

Da Architek said:
Thats pretty bad buddy. We have 2 1000 yd rushers in the backfield
I don't think he's too far off on drafting another RB this year. Neither of our running backs impressed last year. I don't think either one will be a Titan going into our 2007 season unless one of them steps up in 2006.
We haven't seen enough of Nash to make a decision yet. Payton is Payton, as long as he's cheap, he's a Titan.
I haven't watched enough college football to know too much about some of these RBs but I hope we can find that needle-in-the-haystack.:))

Da Architek said:
.......ILB is a big need. We need a head hunter and you didnt address that until the 5th with a lb that has had problems on and off the field. Then in 7th round with an injury prone LB!......

Yeah ILB is a big need, but why pick one in the second when that position isn't going to see much action in our scheme? If we do go with one of the top two ILB(Hodge or Jackson), than we should pick the one who can play OLB as well. Honestly, I'd rather get one in the 4th, but that's if one of the top RB prospects doesn't fall to our 2nd. If say, a White or Maroney are there than we gotta take them. If not than, it's either Hodge or Jackson.

Addai might not make it past the Colts and if he were to fall to the Titans I certainly could see us taking him. Brown might not be back next year and Henry is a ? mark.

Addai might be a very good value and a long term solution at RB.

I don't really think RB is a big area of need, but if the Titans pick up Young in the first and then steal Maroney in the second I'd be a happy camper.:banana:

titanbuoy said:
I don't really think RB is a big area of need, but if the Titans pick up Young in the first and then steal Maroney in the second I'd be a happy camper.:banana:
ur right on the vince young part, idk about maroney ive never seen him play does anyone have a link of a video for him or anything

Henry Is solid & Brown is explosive (when not injured, which last for about 3 wks a season) but In my mind I've thought we had the best of both worlds with a straight ahead fight tooth & nail for the yards runner & a stand up guy like chirs brown who can explode and duck defenders, Unfortunatly with suspesions and injurys we haven't see much lately.Another thing to take into consideration is our O line. Don't expect guys to blow through holes when they're not opening up.We need to see our O line protection and run blocks come together better then they have been no matter who's running or throwing the football...

Unless the FO is really sold on a RB and thinks that we get one way above value, we'll ignore it. We're ok with RB for at least this year, with options to keep whichever back performs better. I hope we'll look to Oline with round two...

The reason we didn't use a MLB a lot was because Kassell couldn't cover. Jackson is very good in coverage and will be able to play on passing downs. If LenDale or Maroney falls, we take them no question. I don't much about Addai, so I can't say. We do need to find a way back into the third to get a RT.

These backs won't fall to us in the 2nd. They will look to trade back up into the first round for either Williams or Maroney or Addai. They will try to keep one of these backs from going to the Colts. Of course the Colts could consider LB instead in the first, but I think if Maroney or Addai was going to them, I think they'd take them.

im not so sure that the colts will take lb first, they lost a big part of their offense by the edge going to arizona, so i think they would want to get that part back with another big time running back, because edge was so effective

They said they would be okay with Dominic Rhodes if it came to it, because he was good at pass protection and could run and catch. Now whether you believe that or not...

But they did lose Thornton to us, and many in the Colts camp say that is a very big loss. Based on the depth, it would make more sense to do LB in round two, but you never know.

I would love to trade up and take a RB ahead of them, possibly by getting one of Denver's first round picks. Hopefully all the RBs would be gone when the Colts pick in the first.

I can see the headlines now: "Titans screw Colts...twice."

Once for the RB, once for Thornton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back