Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Take these for waht they are worth. I'm not an x and o guru like some, I just call them like I see them.

O line play was pretty bad. Hartwig was getting absolutely blown up early in the game, but settled down a little. Piller had some big collapses too, both when CB was crushed in the backfield by Gary Walker and then by Robaire Smith. To his credit, he was running downfield ahead of CB on a long run, except that he forgot to block anybody. For Zach to say the OL is not the problem, he's in denial.

I know we all love him, but Steve needs to sit down or simply retire. If it wasn't 5-10 over their head, it was at the shinbone. Horrible throws to the receivers, can't hit a guy in stride, can't throw a timing route to save his life. I don't understand when he's hurting, and cannot practice, and cannot throw off his sore foot or leg .... why is he in the game? Why does Billy get the reps and the chemistry in practice all week and then sit on Sundays? Is a 70% McNair better than a 95% Volek?

Why a two yard pass on third and seven? Why a three yard screen on third and eleven? Why do you keep getting in third and eleven?

Why can't you run on the worst run defense in the league?

Our offense is just that ... offensive. Averaging less than 20 points per game now, since we did not score a touchdown yesterday (on offense).

Catch the ball Calico, catch the ball.

KVB is a beast. Pac is much improved. I love his "fear no man" on the field. Woolfolk still looks lost out there. Reynaldo Hill has all the makings of our next Dainon Sidney. Note to Hill - take your man inside so you can watch the QB as well as the receiver. If not, play the receivers hands.

The win might be a little costly. Many more teams at four wins than there are at three wins. Especially since we will not be drafting anyone in the third round.

"Why can't you run on the worst run defense in the league?"

"O line play was pretty bad. Hartwig was getting absolutely blown up early in the game, but settled down a little. Piller had some big collapses too, both when CB was crushed in the backfield by Gary Walker and then by Robaire Smith. To his credit, he was running downfield ahead of CB on a long run, except that he forgot to block anybody. For Zach to say the OL is not the problem, he's in denial."

there you go.

We played no better than our record shows. The word 'denial' keeps popping up in these posts. We SUCK and anyone who thinks differently is in 'denial' ! How did these guys win 4 games?
We need alot of work on both sides of the ball. Some vets will not be with us next year. Vets that we won't miss like we miss the ones that left last year.
________
Handjob Busty

The Don said:
I know we all love him, but Steve needs to sit down or simply retire. If it wasn't 5-10 over their head, it was at the shinbone. Horrible throws to the receivers, can't hit a guy in stride, can't throw a timing route to save his life. I don't understand when he's hurting, and cannot practice, and cannot throw off his sore foot or leg .... why is he in the game? Why does Billy get the reps and the chemistry in practice all week and then sit on Sundays? Is a 70% McNair better than a 95% Volek?
Volek has proven that he can't get the job done. At least Steve has winning experience. Not sure if Steve shouldn't reitre, maybe he should, but Volek sure as hell ain't the answer.

Why a two yard pass on third and seven? Why a three yard screen on third and eleven? Why do you keep getting in third and eleven?
We did the same things under Dinger over the course of the last couple of years. I remember talking about the same exact play calling last year. For what ever reason it seems like everytime we need 7 or 8 yards we run a 2 or 3 yard route and turn the ball over.

Why can't you run on the worst run defense in the league?
Week Oline+ Mediocre RB+Absolutlely no passing game = No running game. All teams have to do is stop the run against us and they've got us beaten. We're one demesional.

Catch the ball Calico, catch the ball.
Catch the ball.... Anyone! Please... Catch the damn ball!!! I can honestly say that we have the worst NFL recieving core that I've ever seen in my life. I've never seen a group of guys who are so scared of the ball like our guys. No leadership and no balls. And yes, there we some passes that didn't hit them directly in the chest but that's how it is. Sometimes you have to bend over or reach out to make a catch. Our recievers look like they've never played the game before.

I know everyone is probably as frustrated as I am, and I am one of those that tends to "react" in these types of situations rather than to "respond".

Like we have all said, we pretty much suck right now.

I'm still wondering about Billy. People say he is not the answer long term, but at this point in the season, with a not-so-healthy McNair, why is he not playing?

Sure, he's come in for a series or two, and he's looked for the most part "ill-prepared" most times this season. I would like to see him run the offense for a full game before we start the "trade Volek" discussion again.

I would like to see what is in our playbook after page two. By the way, Steve's play action fools nobody.

The Don said:
I would like to see what is in our playbook after page two. By the way, Steve's play action fools nobody.
I notice this as well. To watch this vs. a Manning play-action fake, it's night and day. I was hoping it looked more believable from the viewpoint of a defender.

rcarie said:
Week Oline+ Mediocre RB+Absolutlely no passing game = No running game. All teams have to do is stop the run against us and they've got us beaten. We're one demesional.

two 1000 yard backs are mediocre?

I hate to say it man, but Chris Brown is a Mediocre to Average RB at best. Yeah, he may of had a 1,000 yard season last year, but that was in like the first 5 to 8 games. His style is very inconsistant and he's not a great reciever out the backfield. Look at last year. He would break big ones than get stuffed or gain 1 to 3 yards the next play. Also he couldn't gain short yardage when we needed it, if his life depended on it last year. He still hasn't improved on the later problem, but to be fair the OLine play has been putrid.

As for Henry, well he's a puzzling guy. He's looked fine as of late, but only in the passing aspect of his game. I'd like to see what he can do with a good OLine.

DeutschTitan said:
I hate to say it man, but Chris Brown is a Mediocre to Average RB at best. Yeah, he may of had a 1,000 yard season last year, but that was in like the first 5 to 8 games.
Funny statement - mediocre because the majority of his 1000 yards came in his first 5-8 games last year. He obviously has big play potential - he's lost a decent amount of scores/long runs this year due to penalties. The whole team has struggled this year Cb included but I think you would have a hard time getting anyone to go along with the "Mediocre" tag. RB is not a position that needs upgraded on this team.

Woody81 said:
Funny statement - mediocre because the majority of his 1000 yards came in his first 5-8 games last year. He obviously has big play potential - he's lost a decent amount of scores/long runs this year due to penalties. The whole team has struggled this year Cb included but I think you would have a hard time getting anyone to go along with the "Mediocre" tag. RB is not a position that needs upgraded on this team.

He hasn't done anything to suggest that he's any better than mediocre. Aside from breaking the occasional long run (which have been far and few between lately) he looks like an old Eddie getting a yard or two and sometimes less on most carries. I think that actually playing nearly a full season has taken a toll with him this year.

The Don said:
Sure, he's come in for a series or two, and he's looked for the most part "ill-prepared" most times this season. I would like to see him run the offense for a full game before we start the "trade Volek" discussion again.
we saw that against arizona. he went 18-32 for 198 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT. then he left the game with a concussion.

man the guy in 106 was killing me with his 3-20, go for it on every forth down, stanley "the shank" punter and turn to page two of the playbook sarcasim, man i could not stop laughing @ him lol :lol:

that was the best part of the game besides the punt return by pacman

IMO, Brown is a second-tier RB. He shows flashes but consistency has been an issue as it would be with all but a handful of RBs in the league if they played for the Titans right now. Like most RBs in the league, he thrives when the Titans have an effective passing game but has difficulty when teams can key on him as they have much of the season.

I don't see him ever doing what Eddie did in his prime as far as being effective when defenses stacked it in to stop him.

CB will never be as consistent as EG was. However, CB has the breakaway potential that Eddie didnt have. CB is also injury prone and cant get the short yardage, EG could play through most of the injuries and could get the short yardage. Its a give and take situation-you want a big play back, be prepared to take 10 2 yard carries before he breaks a 30 yard. If you want 3 yards a carry, dont expect many 30 yard runs.
CB is an above average, but not great RB. CB and Henry's jobs are secure because the Titans have more pressing needs elsewhere, so there will be no drafting of a RB with a high pick.

rcarie said:
Volek has proven that he can't get the job done. At least Steve has winning experience. Not sure if Steve shouldn't reitre, maybe he should, but Volek sure as hell ain't the answer.

We did the same things under Dinger over the course of the last couple of years. I remember talking about the same exact play calling last year. For what ever reason it seems like everytime we need 7 or 8 yards we run a 2 or 3 yard route and turn the ball over.

Catch the ball.... Anyone! Please... Catch the damn ball!!! I can honestly say that we have the worst NFL recieving core that I've ever seen in my life. I've never seen a group of guys who are so scared of the ball like our guys. No leadership and no balls. And yes, there we some passes that didn't hit them directly in the chest but that's how it is. Sometimes you have to bend over or reach out to make a catch. Our recievers look like they've never played the game before.

Make your mind up.
First Volek has proven he can't get it done. Then in the same post we have a weak OL, mediocre RBs and crap at WR not to mention lousy play calling. How many games has Volek has to prove himself?

I really find it interesting that a running back that absolutely ran wild last year and was rushing for 100 yards before half time in many games is now mediocre. Or how about Henry, a solid NFL back who has shown us when he gets a little room to run can be pretty darn good.

Yes the OL is the main problem and the coaching scheme is a close second. Saying Volek has proven he can't get it done is ridiculous. How can a guy prove anything with a weak OL, no running game and by your own admission WRs who can't catch. Maybe if we just think this through we might realize that Volek is the same guy who lit it up against poor defenses last year. Are those guys suddenly bad players?
Volek has a better QB rating for his career than McNair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back