Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Got tonnes of Bulls games taking up space on my computer. I need a program that will convert the avi files to DVD whilst keeping the same or close to the same quality of the avi on DVD.

Anyone know of any programs that are good? Been through a few with no clear cut best.

Why not just store them on the DVD as avi files?

Why convert them at all?

Most of the modern cheap DVD players will handle avi (divx/xvid) format.

The conversion to DVD format will turn them into mpg2, and you will lose compression by a huge factor.

I'd agree there. It would be much easier to just burn them as files on a DVD.

If nothing else, you can try 1 and see if it will play on your DVD player.

I think there´s a program called Avi2DvD,

BTW I learned not far ago that .AVI is not a video format, is just the "nutshell". If you don´t belive me change manually a .WMV to .AVI and watch how it keeps working (you can always chage it back) :)P)

i did so while using windows movie maker (which gives out .WMV) and placing it on a website with a Photo Gallery script which could reporduce just .AVI, so I just chage the extension and that was all.

by the way, is a friends band website called www.codigo-69.com the photo (and videos) gallery is at "Fotos y Videos"

The format would be mpeg or divx or xvid or something like that.

You can get plenty of info about DVDs, how to changes formats and stuff in

www.doom9.org

Best site I know about this!!!!! With plenty of tools to download and tutorials.

Michi40 said:
BTW I learned not far ago that .AVI is not a video format, is just the "nutshell". If you don´t belive me change manually a .WMV to .AVI and watch how it keeps working (you can always chage it back) :)P)

.AVI is still a video format. its just a diffrent extention diffrent programs require a curtain extention because of how its coded like you said windows movie maker uses .WMV because thats the way microsoft coded it.

thats what i learned anyway.

gunny if you need that program pm me;)

.AVI is still a video format. its just a diffrent extention diffrent programs require a curtain extention because of how its coded like you said windows movie maker uses .WMV because thats the way microsoft coded it

as i told you, I have changed a .WMV file to .AVI file just by changing manually the extension, not coding it from one format to another and it woks perfectly.

Actually what I really call coding and decoding, to be able to reproduce a video is to have the codec which could be in one of this formats*:

CVID Cinepak video format
I263 Intel 263 format.
IV50 Intel Indeo V5 format
MP42 Microsoft MPEG-4 format
MP43 Microsoft MPEG-4 format Version 3
DIV3 DivX
DIV4 DIvX
Xvid Divx-by a opensource group->xvid
MWV1 Aware Inc.'s Motion Wavelets Video Codec.
more...?

*(notice how weird it is that an AVI "format" can have any of the aboves "formats")

For me what it means is that "inside" avi or wmv or mov there´s different formats and that is what matters to the player, the codec they use, not the extension (even though they dont have license for all extension, and sometimes the players don´t accept them, thats why I change em manually).

Thats why I call video extensions "nutshells" instead of formats. Cause is the way I understand and explain this weird video encoding thing.

That is (i think) why I can change manually a WMV to AVI and still works... because it was indeed a MP43 format and I have the codec.

So... a Divx is a video format inside of a AVI video "format" I think. Anyway... confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back