Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
More importantly, who do the Saints take? My guess is trade out or take D'Brickashaw.

I can almost see Reggie Bush shaking down the tree to us.

I think there might be some trading up to get some QBs if the Saints get Brees.

Brees is using the Saints to drive the Dolphins price up...just like Witherspoon did with the Saints and the Rams. Who would go to the Saints if given the choice?

Now in the draft the way things have gone we can't lose. The only way this can get any better is if we trade Billy Volek for an third. And then, this maybe a suprise to some...

Trade Erron Kinney for a 2nd or 3rd. My thoughts behind that would be we Have Troupe and Bo Scaife two reall y up and coming TEs. And have you forgot about Greg Guenther that beast.

Kinney will go no where. I think we'll see Troupe split out more often because he'll never be as strong at blocking as what the run game needs.

I don't see why we would want to trade Volek. He's a good backup qb that is familiar with Chow's system. Given McNair's injury history and the good possibility that he won't be back next season, why would we want to ditch him now ?

Thats why we draft a QB, have him learn, play sparingly and we will have Mauck or another vet back up anyway for cheaper.

I'd rather trade Volek, get our 3rd back if possible and then sign a cheap vet Free Agent or use Mauck.

It'll really shake things up if NO drafts a QB. Bree's contract is SB 10mil and an option of 12mil in the 2nd year. making it a one year audition.

Volek is worth more than a 3rd round pick to our team. There is no guarantee that McNair doesn't get hurt in week 1 (or preseason for that matter). We definately don't want a rookie out there that quickly, especially now that we have a roster that might be able to get into the playoffs.

If you want to sign a cheap FA qb, you will get what you pay for. What player that will be available in the 3rd round would you want to give Volek up for anyways ??

Re: Trading TE

I'd rather trade Troupe than Kinney if it's an option on the table and if they feel they can't carry 4 TE for another year. Kinney is a true TE. Troupe is more of a wideout and we just added a good one in Givens. I expect more good things out of Roydell and Roby this year too. Not sure I expect much from Calico though.

Guys, Culpepper just got traded for a 2nd rounder. Thinking we'll get a 3rd rounder for Volek or a "2nd or 3rd" for Kinney is crazy.

Neither of these guys are worth anything more than a 5 right now. And they're both probably worth more to the Titans than they would get on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back