Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd bet good money that the Saints don't even pick at #2 (or trade the player later).

Benson is cheap (which is why he hired Sean Payton), and he could be forced into selling the team. If that's the case, do you really think he'll want to pay some rookie a $20M signing bonus up front? Hell no. They'll trade down, add some later picks (possible future early picks to make the team more marketable), and take someone who will get a much lower SB.

And if they do trade the pick, you can forget about Bush. Even if the Texans take Young, someone who trades up would probably want Bush, IMHO.

I've heard a lot of thought that if he intends to sell the team to someone who wants to move it to LA, drafting Leinert is a no-brainer.

No good point, but if you play in L.A. you need the marquee name to put butts in the seats and selling the franchise to a city thats blown it twice already.
But...I'm not sure Vince is not just as big a name anywhere, even L.A. right now.
But one point I have not seen anyone banty around is that its not like Louisianna is 40 hours from Texas. These are border states, thats just one of several good reasons the Saints look at Young.

If Bensen wants to sell the team for a move to SC, Matt would be the best pick, unless was Bush was there(which is doubtful)

Starkiller said:
I'd bet good money that the Saints don't even pick at #2 (or trade the player later).

Benson is cheap (which is why he hired Sean Payton), and he could be forced into selling the team. If that's the case, do you really think he'll want to pay some rookie a $20M signing bonus up front? Hell no. They'll trade down, add some later picks (possible future early picks to make the team more marketable), and take someone who will get a much lower SB.

And if they do trade the pick, you can forget about Bush. Even if the Texans take Young, someone who trades up would probably want Bush, IMHO.

You make a good point on Benson wanting to save a little on signing bonuses. I'm not sure how having future draft picks instead of a marquee player such as Young, Leinart or even Bush makes the team more marketable. Having a franchise QB drafted and signed would make the team more marketable IMO especially when they don't have a QB right now. Also, if Benson gets a trade where he drops down a few picks and also picks up an extra 2nd and 3rd round pick this year the money he would save would not be a great amount compared to the selling price of the team.

If any team ever picks their first rounder based on the proximity to a player's college, they deserve to have their entire FO fired.

Starkiller said:
Maybe, but does that make the team $20M more valuable?

Actually, it probably does. He didnt sign with CAA for endorsements so he could do commercials for the local car dealership. He's a god in LA.

If they do draft somebody, I certainly think it would be Leinart. But if Benson just wants to save his money, knowing he'll get a ton anyway, he can trade down to the middle of the round (where the SB is much lower) and stockpile picks in future seasons.

Imagine what a team like Oakland, Detroit, or Arizona would give to move up to get a franchise QB. Or what a number of teams would give up to get Bush.

They just need to keep their paws off Young...

or what Puck is saying... I'm pretty sure it's the same thing.

ps-
If the Texans took Young and the Saints traded out...
Where does that leave the Titans if Bush is gone...

Does Tennessee/Chow pass on Matt and trade down for Jay? :hmm:

or... are the Titans even looking at QB's?

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
or... are the Titans even looking at QB's?

this will be the best QB class for a few years
(even though I like Troy Smith who'll come out next year)

you can bet your aspirin they're looking QB

unless Reggie Bush falls to #3 :brow:

I think they might even trade with Detroit and pick Cutler up there (9th?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back