Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
The Jets are monitoring about 12 running backs, and among those who could be available are Chris Brown (Titans) and Thomas Jones (Bears). Damien Nash, released by the Titans after landing in Jeff Fisher's doghouse over what his agent called a "miscommunication":ha: over his reporting weight, also is on the Jets' radar.

source

More to fuel the Brown trade rumor, J-Mac involved....
** Tom Rock of Newsday reports the New York Jets have "expressed interest" in Titans RB Chris Brown, who asked to be traded last week. Rock also reports the Broncos, Dolphins and Rams have also inquired about Brown. We called our Titans insider and we're told this rumor - Brown to the Jets - "has some teeth"... First, Curtis Martin (knee) is on the rack. Plus the Titans have no intention of extending Browns' contract and they feel pretty secure with RBs Travis Henry, LenDale White, and Jarrett Payton. For added drama, apparently Jets HC Eric Mangini doesn't like WR Justin McCareins. They could trade him back to Tennessee where he started -- especially since WRs Brandon Jones & Tyrone Calico have knee issues and a scrub named Bobby Wade is currently the Titans' #3 WR. We'll learn more about this Chris Brown stuff very soon.
source

Everyone knows I have always loved me some JMAC :banana:

bring JMAC back!!!:whoop: I'd love it!:yes:

Puck said:
Nash is in Denver camp
we do not need JMac back

I'm with you on that. We don't need another receiver- we do need a solid vet back. Henry needs to stay on the hot seat if we're going to see good things out of him.

i heard that chris brown wanted to go to miami. why though he wouldnt be a starter. also, since lendale is our future rb, and henry is more than servicable when healthy, i think we should trade brown and get something in exchange.

Denver plugs a different runningback in every year and every year they run the ball effectively. Tell me we can do that and I'll tell you we don't need Brown. Until proven otherwise, Brown is our guy.

Chris Brown wanted to go to Miami because the ground is significantly softer there. In fact, the ground is so soft it collapses suddenly and city blocks disappear.

geology.usgs.gov

Chris Brown is really looking. He's not calling his agent telling him to chill out. He's telling him to go find him some dang money before someone ends his career for him... I'm tired of hearing all this trade stuff. Something big will happen in a week. You know... Billy Volek basicaly told his agent to shut up... :closemout ... I'm just saying...

the bears, defense, apparently hates benson. i was reading this on a mb, saying the team does not like him, and they support jones. i dont like benson either. he cried when they compared him to ricky williams, yet they run the same, came from the same college, and had the same dreadlocks. he didn't want to play against minnesota towards the end of the season because he didnt want to get hurt. any player in the nfl who is scared of getting hurt, and not wanting to play because of it, should not be in the nfl. benson will be the starter though, due to money, he was picked #4 in 2005 draft, and it would be a waste not to play him. they also have a decent backup in adrian peterson. i would think they would possibly trade jones though.

The upside of our situation is that no matter how hard Brown is shopping, and how much another team might want him, the Titans still have him, and want him playing for us this year. Another team would have to give us a VERY good deal, not just JMac back.

I see you got my PM BP.

jetsinsider said:
"Maybe we send them McCariens and SBIIIChamps for Brown and Bipolar the Titan. Sounds like a good deal to me."

You're getting mentioned in trade talks. :ha: I wouldn't do that deal, but I'd trade 'em Gunny for McCareins and a 3rd round draft pick. A guy named Gunn starting at RB for a team in New York... the headlines would write themselves.

It has happened with other teams (e.g. Peerless Price - Buffalo), but I can't remember a player ever returning to this team after leaving.

I agree GoTitans3801 - He's a Titan. We want him now. It would have to be a VERY good deal.

TitanJeff said:
If you trade Gunny, our message board post count would drop by 50%.

And you wouldn't have quality videos like this:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1aT06bbh47A"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1aT06bbh47A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Then again, I could hang with Benny Graham, fellow Aussie, at the Jets.

You'd all miss me too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back