Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2351462

"What are the long-term ramifications for the league?
Barring a new CBA, the players either will be on strike or the owners will lock out the players in 2008. The union likely will decertify, and antitrust rules will apply. Also, the NFL draft will go away in 2008 as part of a clause inserted into the current CBA. Players coming out of college could be free agents, with no salary restrictions. Open negotiations, including those for rookies coming out of college, will leave it to the players to get what they can get."

To me it is much ado about nothing. The NFL is the top league right now and stuff will get worked out. While they may be egomaniacs, the top folks on both sides aren't stupid.

VolnTitan said:
To me it is much ado about nothing. The NFL is the top league right now and stuff will get worked out. While they may be egomaniacs, the top folks on both sides aren't stupid.

I thought that a year ago. But then a year ago, I figured there was no way they wouldnt extend the CBA before free agency started.

Oh my goa, the NFL is going into the same route as soccer
Open contract talks will mean that a player can get any salarie that is open to him. Tycoons can go nuts on spending and the NFL won't have the beauty of the draft. Sure, no salary cap will ease many owners minds, but you can see a league dominated by money and big fat men with their wafts of cash doing as they please in the terms of contracts.

hey, if the CBA doesnt happen, then there could be a strike, then with no draft they could hire scabs.

Yeah I still got a chance...

LazyManJackson said:
Tycoons can go nuts on spending...
While a few players would make a lot more money without a cap, there also would be no minimum salary. So a lot more guys would be playing for less than what the minimum is now.
Not to mention they could also lose their benefits.

Gunny said:
hey, if the CBA doesnt happen, then there could be a strike, then with no draft they could hire scabs.

Yeah I still got a chance...
Shoot, I never thought of that. Im gonna get back into shape and get some bulk and speed back. In the event of a strike, I could find myself wearing Titans blue
I never thought I would see the day that I would find a good thing in the NFL strike
Lets see 5'11 180 and a 4.4ish 40 yard dash....Here I come at WR

maximus said:
Shoot, I never thought of that. Im gonna get back into shape and get some bulk and speed back. In the event of a strike, I could find myself wearing Titans blue
I never thought I would see the day that I would find a good thing in the NFL strike
Lets see 5'11 180 and a 4.4ish 40 yard dash....Here I come at WR

hey, under 6 foot WRs are the in thing now.

Yey, I can be a Titan
Oh how funny i can be ha ha ha:rotfl:
But seriously, will the NFL be able to keep the NFL Draft, strike or no strike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back