Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
The offense clicked today. Doing everything I wanted them to do this whole season. We actually threw lots of long balls, instead of dink and dunks. We would have been a whole lot better if we did this. McNair looked comfortably in it, and our players seemed like they liked. We could have been a much more effective on offense if we played like we did today.

Know why it worked? McNair was finally throwing the balls to the recievers.

We could've been doing this all season, but for the first half...the longball looked completely hopeless most the time. I doubt chow or the recievers trusted mac to deliver the ball correctly.

Now he's hitting open men, and covered men too...he couldn't do either earlier in the year.

If Mac can keep throwing like this, you'll see the offense chow wanted to run all along.

the 2nd and majority of the 3rd quarter we're unreal today - I miss throwing the ball down field like that (completing passes down field I should say)

Don't know if it really made any difference, but they mentioned that McNair had actually practiced more this week and had a good week.

We actually had WRs and Troupe running more than 5 yard routes. Even when McNair didn't throw a nice pass (like the one to Roby) we do have guys who can make plays. I have no idea why Troupe has not been used this way all year.

McNair was also getting enough time to look downfield as the OL did a good job protecting him for most of the day. It was really a combination of many factors that made the offense look efficient today.

Gunny said:
when have they run block effeciently?
Ain't that the truth. If you ask me, I think we need to give serious attention to our OL going into next year. They've looked bad all season. The teams around the league the have good Offenses have good Olines and our has been, well, not so good...

We've got our pieces to fix the OLine. It's simple math: You subtract Hopkins, Olson, and Hartwig; add Amano, Bell, Stewart/Loper, while shifting Roos to LT. The only question is, between Bell and Stewart/Loper, who plays in the open G and RT positions? As for depth we'll either look to FA or later rounds of Draft. I wouldn't be suprised if Amano, Bell, and Stewart/Loper got some playing time in these two final games.

I'd like to see em' spend a little money on a quality olineman or two. Not sure who but they need to improve. If we could get better run blockage it would make all the difference. Totally different season IMO.

I doubt we'll get any of the big name OLinemen. Someone on here was wanting LeCharles Bentley real bad, but after I saw him play on Monday, it wouldn't be a wise decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back