Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
OJ Simpson succumbed to cancer. Aside from being a Hall of Fame running back OJ was a popular sideline reporter for NFL games, corporate pitch man and star of 90s CNN programming. He was 76 years old.

Regardless of what he may have done off the field, he rushed for over 11,000 yards in his NFL career. And that’s what really matters.

Showing my age here, but he was also a pitchman for Hertz back in the 70s....still remember him hurdling over the airport gate seats back then.

That’s the reason his wife got murdered, at least when she did. She was about to leave him in the late 80’s due to physical abuse but her father enticed her to stay and reconcile because OJ was getting him in on a lucrative Hertz deal.

I can see the HOF,s view. A lot of folks could have cared less for what he was accused He wasn’t technically found guilty and it happened after he was voted in

Good player. terrible husband and not a role model for his kids and a very bad actor in some fairly funny movies

I can see the HOF,s view. A lot of folks could have cared less for what he was accused He wasn’t technically found guilty and it happened after he was voted in

Good player. terrible husband and not a role model for his kids and a very bad actor in some fairly funny movies
No beef overall with OJ and football.
Im saying the HoF shouldn’t do something like half mast a flag for any football player.

Well, maybe a Pat Tillman.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they do it for Jim Brown? Walter Payton? Tillman?
Honestly don’t know when the HoF started doing it, but I guess this is not the first time. Probably only mentioned because of the OJ story.

from the article below:
“When Simpson died, no one was in place to stop the usual process of issuing a statement and dropping the flag to half staff that activates when any Hall of Famer dies.”

Pro Football Hall of Fame flew flag at half staff for O.J. Simpson, while the Bills did nothing

edit:
This is from 2017 when Rooney died. Guess it’s happened at least that long.
Hall of Fame to fly flag at half-staff in honor of Rooney

Latest posts

Back