Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Olson Restructures Contract to Remain Titan

SUMMARY: Veteran G Benji Olson has agreed to terms on a new contract before the cap deadline according to his agent. "As of this morning we have an agreement," agent Michael Sullivan said. "We expect Benji to sign it today." Details of the four-year deal were not disclosed. The fifth round draft pick in 1998 was scheduled to earn $3 million in 2006 as part of his old contract. Sullivan also represents S Tank Williams and says his client will be a part of free agency though the Titans remain interested in him.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

As long as he took a big enough paycut, I'm fine with him renegotiating. I didn't really think it would happen, but I guess with the current free agent market Benji didn't want to take his chances...

I'm interested in seeing the terms of his new deal.

Also, I guess that means Bell could be starting at RT this year?

Starkiller said:
Also, I guess that means Bell could be starting at RT this year?

The amount of competition for that spot ought to light a significant fire under the players. Although Bell might be plugged in at LG if Piller is released.

Cutting Piller doesn't save any real cap money, so I doubt it. Maybe next year, though.

Perhaps Bell could play center? That was mentioned as a possibility when we drafted him.

Starkiller said:
Cutting Piller doesn't save any real cap money, so I doubt it. Maybe next year, though.

Perhaps Bell could play center? That was mentioned as a possibility when we drafted him.
So by drafting Bell we drafted Bruce Matthews Jr because Bell can play almost any position:winker:

Bennett83 said:
Do they like what they have seen from Amato? Who would be better suited to play center? Bell or Amato?

I think you mean "Amano". Ken Amato is the long snapper/LB so I doubt he'd ever play center. But Eugene Amano looked pretty Good last time I saw him play, in 2004.

Well....hhhhmmm. I still think Pillar played the worst on the line last year, but figured Olsen was more likely to go. So cap issues aside, I'd rather have Olsen than Pillar.

I thought Amano looked pretty good at both C and G, I'd be suprised if Bell gets the nod over him. A big NT or DT will destroy Bell, he doesn't hold up well against a bull rush. Who knows how it all ends up, but I'd guess Bell has the edge over anyone as RT now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back