Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
You hope not? Odd that hype really makes a player ****. His "down" year, statistically, is better than Vince Young. 200 yards behind, but 3 ints less and a td more. We need a passer first, runner second, and I don't believe VYoung is this. Omar later on, 3rd round on is a SUPER PICK and a value pick, unlike VYoung at #1. I honestly do not believe he is a franchise QB. Vick isn't a franchise QB. McNabb and culpepper really aren't franchise QBs. They were **** without true #1s. Brady is. Peyton is. Omar will be.

I don't think that was McNabb's doing

he is statistically one of the least accurate passers among the "elite"
he's barely completing 60% of is passes
and Terrell Owens helped him have his only "adequate" year
and despite having a high passer rating last year (again due to Owens / Westbrook)- he's only averaging an 84 passer rating

watch what happens next year when he no longer has Owens to bail him out. HE will return to mediocrity

Out of the players on your list, only Vick thinks run before pass. I don't understand what two random quarterbacks have to do with it at all. An 84 passer rating with receivers who wouldn't start for any other team in the league is really quite extraordinary.

Omar in the 4th ? damn skippy
He's very smart with the ball
makes very few mistakes

4,002 yards passing - 44 TD's - 4 int's- is just silly sick

Puck said:
I don't think that was McNabb's doing

he is statistically one of the least accurate passers among the "elite"
he's barely completing 60% of is passes
and Terrell Owens helped him have his only "adequate" year
and despite having a high passer rating last year (again due to Owens / Westbrook)- he's only averaging an 84 passer rating

watch what happens next year when he no longer has Owens to bail him out. HE will return to mediocrity

he still throws for over 3000 yards.

and what is McNairs average passer rating, I would bet it is somewhere near 84%

I've seen Omar predicted as anywhere from a 1st to 4th rounder. He's a guy that I'd hope would be a steal if he falls to the 3rd (if we get one) or 4th.

Mike Carlson, an NFL guy for Europe, put it best.

"McNabb scrambling is an elite QB. McNabb without is just good."

I totally agree with bobo on this one. I believe Omar Jacobs has equal or more upside that Vince Young. He could be a true QB steal, possibly the biggest since Brady, and I'd like to think we were the team who got that steal.

Ive seen him play in person, and I was just not impressed. I may be wrong, but I do not see him as our Franchise QB. Just my opinion....dont get upset with me for it.

thnom said:
"McNabb scrambling is an elite QB. McNabb without is just good."

well, Omar is hardly a scrambling QB
he only rushed for 62 yards this year
and only 300 last year, the year he threw for 4002 yds / 41 td's

hell, Vince ran for 200 against USC in the Rose Bowl alone

From what I saw of Omar, he can run. He's not like a Vick runner, but probably inline with McNair's running skills. He had an excellent night passing.

No matter who TURNS OUT to be the best QB in the draft doesn't matter. The point is if we can get Leinart or Young at #3 we will in all likelihood do it. If we get Bush, then we can consider trading up for Cutler or going after Jacobs. Chances are no other QB gets on the radar cuz we won't be needing one by then. Also, I can see 4 QBs going in round one - Leinart, Young, Cutler, Jacobs.

Teams who could take a QB -

Houston
New Orleans
Tennessee
NYJ
Baltimore
Arizona
Miami
Detroit
Washington

And I could be missing some.

Why I want the Titans to take Omar and not a QB with the 1st pick is because of San Diego. They didn't take Vick, and ended up with the best all-round QB in the league, and a good QB (okay he was dissapointing for 3 years but now he's pretty good). I'd rather the Titans get the equivalant of 2 1st round picks (Omar has that upside), and get someone like AJ Hawk. Hell the PERFECT draft would be to trade down, get someone like DeAngelo Williams; get a LB AND Omar.

He only makes it a better draft. If the Titans took him in the second after drafting an instant starter in the first I'd be happy with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back