Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
while @ the game today i noticed...

Offense-Well something needs to be changed/done to this whole offense. We just do not click as an offensive unit as a whole and we can not convert inside the red zone as effident by todays poor performance. I mean come on now, its the texans, there are 1-2 and all we can put up against them is 13 and the TD we scored didn't even come from the offense. The O was just terrible today and i wont sit here and just blame one person. Calico does look physically healthy even though he dropped the TD pass in the endzone because he turned the wrong way to catch the ball but he is looking better and better each week which is a good sign. Bennett is a good WR but in no way a #1 imo. We either need Calico to get a lot better or we need an impact WR to come here next year whether is be by the draft or FA. Brown and Henry are starting to look like a very good backfield and especially in the passing game with the screens, etc. Troupe looked good again but dropped a TD pass even though it was kind of low to the ground. But i have no idea where he went in the 2nd half, he did not play @ all, i guess he was hurt again or something, who knows. McNair is McNair, enough said. The O-line gave up no sacks, but didnt get our running game going too well.

the defense was pretty good today getting 6 sacks, getting 2 sacks each from both Vanden Bosch and Bulluck, if i remember right. Dominack Davis got 139 on us which wasnt a positive but got 44 of it on one play. All of our DB's(Thompson,Tank,Pacman,Renayldo,Woolfolk) played very good limiting Carr to 116 yards passing. Tank was very active in the running and passing making atleast a dozen tackles. Haynesworth, Keith, and KVB were dominant as usual. Kassell needs to go because he isn't cutting it @ MLB. The 2 blocked kicks were VERY big.

special teams looked very good with pacman looking better and better each week returning kicks and punts. the kid is a star! Bironas needs to finish the season strong to keep his job. Our coverage teams are solid.

I'd say our top 2 needs on this team are Linebacker or Impact #1 Receiver...

I agree with everything you said, except that about Calico and Troupe. Calico was horrible on the two passes thrown to him at the beginning. While the first was more a 50-50 ball, the second was right there and a sure TD. He needs to step it up, he's regressed alot. Troupe is puzzling to me. I don't know if he's not being utilized in the right way or Chow just doesn't like the guy. It's mind boggling how someone with his potential is being shown up by a 6th round and UDFA TE. Drew Bennett played like a #3 or #4 at best. Roby was none existant, although someone mentioned he was wide open a few times and Steve didn't see him. Sadly, a RB was our top reciever today.

As for the whole Brown and Henry combo, I like it, but it's not consistant. I don't know if it's the OLine or them. We made the Texans front line look all-Pro with our running today. For a so-called "Running team" we looked awful in that department today.

All in all, we need a physical/speedy LB and a #1 WR who can make plays. It sucks, both years we've selected there hasn't been a Larry Fitzgerald or a Andre Johnson type reciever in the drafts.

Our recievers couldn't catch a cold. If Steve doesn't put it right in the bread basket they don't make the catch. It's pitiful.

As for McNair's poor throwing, yeah thats a factor, but it seems like its more of one than in the past. I remember Mason coming down with some awful passes his way; whether it be wobbly balls, balls thrown behind him or a little over, he came down with em. So....:hmm:

I think our skill position players all need evaluation during the offseason, including McNair.
Does our offense struggle because our QB is inaccurate?

Can our receivers catch reasonably thrown balls?

Can our running backs carry the load when they need to?

Can our tight ends block and catch consistently?

It just seems like we dabble in the running game week in and week out. Do we have a back that's had 20 carries in a game this year? We always seem to be 12 carries, 60 yards...9 carries 45 yards.

JDee

The running game is so touchy with Brownie and THenry. First off, I don't think Chow trusts giving Brown a full load, being scared of Brown's physical breakdown. Then you have the fact that Henry was suspended so he never got in the flow of the offense and could gain balance.

CB's inability to finish what he starts is almost legendary.

Didn't finish today FWIW, but to his credit titans started with empty backfield so he might not have gotten a start. Anyone remember?

OK I got them backwards then - I thought it was CB who went out and did not come back in with an ankle. And I thought TH had an ankle, but could play. Not much difference really as 9 had the biggest most important run of the day anyhow.

Well offensively we stunk, there is no way to sugarcoat it. Either Steve would miss them or the recievers would drop it. The timing was way off, I guess cause Steve just hasn't had time to get in sync cause hes been out of practices... We need OL help, Steve had to run for his life more than he should have and there were no lanes for chris and travis most of the time or the texans were in the backfield. I saw Hartwig get knocked down and beat most of the time. Did anyone see if Bell saw any playing time? I didn't notice. Our RB screens have been working here latley atleast lol...

Defensively we were fine until the 'hey lets go in prevent' even though they couldn't contain our blitzes and pass rushes all day arrrr.. well too many big runs by Davis though...

Oh well hard to get excited about this win lol, these teams are both horrible :p

The running game is suffering because of the poor playing of the OL, IMO. There was one drive where the Titans pounded the ball 5 or 6 times in a row and got a decent amount of yards until they were finally stopped on a third down. But other than that it was an inconsistent day for the OL - the Texans' DL had good pentration the whole game hitting Brown and Henry at least 4 or 5 times in the backfield, and this was against one of the worst D in the league.

No way our RBs should be taking heat for the poor running game. Brown and Henry are both decent NFL backs and neither is getting much room at all. Heck Brown had a carry for 5 yards on 1st down in the first series and on the very next play he got caught 5 yards in the backfield as he was getting the handoff. On the second series Brown had a run for 9 yards but on the next play was tackled again in the backfield for a 3 yard loss. On the next drive Brown's only carry of the drive was for 6 yards. The first drive of the second quarter Henry carries one time for 1 yard (gets hammered at the LOS) and we throw 5 passes before punting. On the next series we had two runs for a toal of 3 yards but were able to get a FG after Troupe and Henry had nice catch and runs.
In the second half we come out with runs of 6,2,7,11,3 and 5 before Henry is blown up at the LOS of a -1. Seth Payne looked like the second coming of Reggie White for most of the game and was completely unblockable.

rcarie said:
Our recievers couldn't catch a cold. If Steve doesn't put it right in the bread basket they don't make the catch. It's pitiful.

WOW you speak as if you watched the game! IF someone on this team could catch we would have one a few more games. What Steve needs to do is ask to be released so he can go play for a team that has some weapons. I would much rather see Steve at the end of his career playing for a team that has a chance - not wasting his time throwing through tires.

Man it'd be nice to find another Mason, someone with glue on his gloves. Maybe another little shifty/quick guy too. Anyone see much of the Moss kid from Miami?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back