Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Bowling Green QB Omar Jacobs has declared himself eligible for the draft after receiving a 4th round pick by the NFL committee.

I believe a year behind mac and he'll be ready. I really believe he'll be a better pro than Vince Young and with a strong combine could show people his athletic ability. No matter of athletism, he's a passer and thats what we need to use our strong TE and WRs, whilst having the speed to escape the rush. I really believe this guy could give us a strong draft, similar to that of the SD chargers in 2001 when they got both LT and Drew Brees. We shouldn't now feel the need to take a QB with our first pick, get AJ Hawk and get Omar Jacobs and that draft will prove to be a steal.

Bowling Green QB Omar Jacobs has declared himself eligible for the draft after receiving a 4th round pick by the NFL committee.

receiving a 4th round pick by the NFL committee? what does that mean?

"Jacobs received a fourth-round grade from the NFL's draft advisory committee, and believes his athletic ability will be on display at the NFL scouting combine and will help his stock rise."

Btw, the 1 player I wanted last year: Marion Barber III

My one wish this year is Omar Jacobs :D

^^^ okay?

Omar will at worst be a mid 2nd round pick, if you ask me. When they say that he recieved a 4th round pick, it means that is his projection, without any workouts. He will raise his stock quickly.

Welcome to Marcus Vick's Life

Sept. 2, 2003: Suspended for one game by coach Frank Beamer for undisclosed reason.
Feb. 17, 2004: Arrested without incident and charged with four misdemeanors -- three for allegedly allowing underage girls to have alcohol and one for allegedly having sex with a 15-year-old at a January party. Released on $2,500 bond.
May 14, 2004: Convicted of three counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and sentenced to 30 days in jail and fined $2,250. Found not guilty of having sex with the 15-year-old.
July 3, 2004: Charged with reckless driving and possession of marijuana after a traffic stop about 25 miles east of Richmond, Va. at 2:30 a.m. Police said he was clocked at 86 mph, 21 mph above the speed limit, and that the vehicle smelled of marijuana.
July 6, 2004: Indefinitely suspended from football team for off-field problems.
Aug. 3, 2004: Suspended from the university for the 2004 season on same day he pleads guilty to reckless driving and no contest to marijuana possession in New Kent, Va. Is fined $300, has driver's license suspended for 60 days and is placed in a first offender program on the marijuana charge, requiring that he perform 24 hours of community service, undergo drug counseling and random drug tests, and give up his driver's license for six months.
Sept. 13, 2004: In plea deal, pleads no contest to one misdemeanor count of contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Receives 30-day suspended jail sentence, is fined $100, ordered to perform 24 hours of community service and stay away from the teenage girls.
Jan. 17, 2005: Cleared to rejoin football team and re-enroll at Virginia Tech.
Oct. 1, 2005: Leads No. 3 Hokies to 34-20 victory at West Virginia, and makes obscene gesture to fans who have been calling him names related to past problems throughout the game. He apologized a day later.
Dec. 17, 2005: Pulled over by police in Hampton, Va. for driving 38 mph in a 25 mph zone and driving with a suspended license.
Jan. 2, 2006: Leads Virginia Tech to a 35-24 win over Louisville in Gator Bowl. In the game, he stomped on the left calf of Cardinals All-American defensive end Elvis Dumervil, the NCAA sacks leader. Claims the incident was accidental and that he apologized to Dumervil, who denies ever receiving apology.
Jan 6, 2006: Is kicked off team at Virginia Tech for legal trouble and unsportsmanlike conduct in Gator Bowl.
Source: The Associated Press
-------------------------------------------

His response? "I'll just move on to the next level, baby!"

Yeah, lol. Have fun collecting your 4th-5th round paycheck.

I could definitly see him getting picked by the falcons and playing with his big brother in the 4th or 5th round. Michael could probably straighten him out, and keep him out of trouble. He could move to wide reciever too, and that won't be a bad idea, since the wide reciever class is weak and the falcons need help there.

Starkiller said:
OK... but what does that have to do with our next QB, Jay Cutler??? :ha:
I agree with you... I would seriously consider him at #3. I know people would disagree w/me as far as Value-vs-need that high.

Fallacies about jacobs...

First of all he is not a great athlete like a vince young. He is not a runner but more like a byron leftwich than a steve mcnair or donovan mcnabb. He only ran for 154 yards with a 1.5 ypc against mac defenses.

The other fallacy is that jacobs will be a 2nd rd choice. No he will be going in the first rd! The great blue north has him as the 8th best prospect overall. A bit ambitious for him but the way i see it there are about 10-11 teams that want a top propect QB and he will be rated as the 4th best QB. If he shows a strong arm in workouts he can go in rd one.

Wouldn't be bad if we could draft ferguson in rd one and jacobs in rd 2 though. I'd take that.

Roll, have you seen Jacobs run or are you going off just stats again (we know you love em)? When I saw him run, he had wheels, and I'd compare him to Steve or McNabb. I didn't see anyone using the falacy of saying he's a Vince Young.

The NFL committee gives him a 4th round. GBN says he's better. I've seen other sites that have grades ion the middle. We won't know for a few more months.

I think Vick will be lucky to be drafted after the kind of trouble he has been in and his general attitude. This is a guy that intentionally tried to hurt a player for no reason other than him making a tackle on him. Ridiculous.

I wouldn't be so sure. He is not the athlete Mike is first of all. Also, consider his quote after getting booted off the team. His attitude makes me sick and I can't imagine a team ever considering someone like him a leader. Also consider that there are at least 8-9 QB's ranked ahead of him. We'll see I guess, but if I'm a GM, I would consider him a waste of space on my roster.

m vics bro

Pit Bull #53 said:
Welcome to Marcus Vick's Life

Sept. 2, 2003: Suspended for one game by coach Frank Beamer for undisclosed reason.
Feb. 17, 2004: Arrested without incident and charged with four misdemeanors -- three for allegedly allowing underage girls to have alcohol and one for allegedly having sex with a 15-year-old at a January party. Released on $2,500 bond.
May 14, 2004: Convicted of three counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and sentenced to 30 days in jail and fined $2,250. Found not guilty of having sex with the 15-year-old.
July 3, 2004: Charged with reckless driving and possession of marijuana after a traffic stop about 25 miles east of Richmond, Va. at 2:30 a.m. Police said he was clocked at 86 mph, 21 mph above the speed limit, and that the vehicle smelled of marijuana.
July 6, 2004: Indefinitely suspended from football team for off-field problems.
Aug. 3, 2004: Suspended from the university for the 2004 season on same day he pleads guilty to reckless driving and no contest to marijuana possession in New Kent, Va. Is fined $300, has driver's license suspended for 60 days and is placed in a first offender program on the marijuana charge, requiring that he perform 24 hours of community service, undergo drug counseling and random drug tests, and give up his driver's license for six months.
Sept. 13, 2004: In plea deal, pleads no contest to one misdemeanor count of contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Receives 30-day suspended jail sentence, is fined $100, ordered to perform 24 hours of community service and stay away from the teenage girls.
Jan. 17, 2005: Cleared to rejoin football team and re-enroll at Virginia Tech.
Oct. 1, 2005: Leads No. 3 Hokies to 34-20 victory at West Virginia, and makes obscene gesture to fans who have been calling him names related to past problems throughout the game. He apologized a day later.
Dec. 17, 2005: Pulled over by police in Hampton, Va. for driving 38 mph in a 25 mph zone and driving with a suspended license.
Jan. 2, 2006: Leads Virginia Tech to a 35-24 win over Louisville in Gator Bowl. In the game, he stomped on the left calf of Cardinals All-American defensive end Elvis Dumervil, the NCAA sacks leader. Claims the incident was accidental and that he apologized to Dumervil, who denies ever receiving apology.
Jan 6, 2006: Is kicked off team at Virginia Tech for legal trouble and unsportsmanlike conduct in Gator Bowl.
Source: The Associated Press
-------------------------------------------

His response? "I'll just move on to the next level, baby!"

Yeah, lol. Have fun collecting your 4th-5th round paycheck.

sounds like a perfect fit for the raiders, I hope he's as talented as ron mexico :ha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back