Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
It was obvious Ran did not go with areas of need and indeed chased what he thought was the best overall talent. I am not a big fan of the QB or Spears, but getting Will in the second for basically a third next year is quite a deal, and Spears numbers at Tulane the last two years are freakish. The fifth and sixth round picks were super solid, I saw the Maryland tackle ranked a third rounder somewhere. As with everyone else, the draft was somewhat disappointing in that we took a guard, we got no wide receiver help, we did not have a Kentucky Titan involved in the conversation. On the other hand all these picks are super solid. A potential pro bowler on the OL, a potential starting QB, a change of pace for the king, and two players in the fifth and sixth who could be involved year one.

I begrudgingly give a B+. I would have given it an A- but the specter of mini arms, one legs, and willis part two with no Kentucky commentary, along with this weird three days starting on Thursday bunk cast shade on the overall experience.

B+!

You should add the poll option to this thread to make it easy for people to add a grade :)

I would say a C. I like the skoronski pick, I figured if we didn't trade up for a QB, he would be the pick and should help the o line immediately. Like the upside with the Levis pick, probably doesn't help us right now but hopefully does a lot in the future so that could upgrade or downgrade my rating in the future. Rest of the draft was just depth guys.

Still couple holes to fill on the line, still desperately need help at WR, and somehow still for like 4 years now, need a damn kicker

I liked both OT picks and the TE, WR might be promising. We needed a backup for Tannehill, and although I'm not sure this is the guy for the job I'm hoping he is.

All in all, it's a solid B ~ B+ in my opinion, fwiw.

This draft will come down to Levis. I'll give it a C+.

Skaronski will be a long time starter here, that's good.

If Levis develops into a qb of the future, it was a great draft. If he doesn't, not good.

I highly doubt the rest of the guys we took ever move the needle at all.

Kickstand will be the third and long draw guy until his leg falls off. Jevon Ringer, Darrynron Evans 2.0

The TE may be our new Swaim. That blocking guy we always seem to have a boner for.

The tackle will hang out at the bottom of the depth chart for a while. He may even play, given how injured we usually are.

The WR is Racey McMath 2.0. People will get excited every camp, and you'll never hear his name again. And bro has a 10% drop rate... A wr with no hands will pair nicely with the tackle with short arms and the one legged running back.

About 1000 posts or so to comb through, but if someone wants to see the GT grades, it should be an avg of all the Neg vs Pos posts.

I’ll guess now, like a C+ at best around here.

You’d have to filter multiple posts same person, the non related posts, and decipher if it was positive or negative for the pick itself not because it wasn’t the person/position the poster wanted.

The guard at 11... I think he will be a solid players, but he is a guard at 11 c-
Levis.... looks like crap to me right now (might be a franchise qb according to others) D
Kickstand F
TE D
OT C+
WR F

We didnt break 30pts once last season, not sure we will again next season.

I think people are putting too much weight on “scouting reports” written by people who do not work for the NFL. Self-styled scouts who are untrained journalists. If you look across the spectrum of those “reports” you will see SO much conflicting information from variations of 40 times to “he moves well in space” /“doesn’t move well in space”. Go watch some film before overreacting about things like Skoronski’s arm length. I go B+ overall. We needed to take a swing at a QB and we did. If Levis lives up to potential, then this rockets up to A+.

Solid F. I love the Skoronski pick, but given the team's needs vs what they drafted, I'm just not seeing what they were seeing. 3 years from now when we unload Levis for a 7th round pick it'll just complete the train wreck we all just witnessed.

I liked both OT picks and the TE, WR might be promising. We needed a backup for Tannehill, and although I'm not sure this is the guy for the job I'm hoping he is.

All in all, it's a solid B ~ B+ in my opinion, fwiw.

They're both probably guards. Though the 6th rounder at least has the length. And Levis will be a better backup so that's good.

I would have drafted JSN in the 1st rnd, Cody Mauch in the 2nd, and Cedric Tillman in the 3rd.

I certainly think that Skronski was rated ahead of JSN on the Titans board...I'm sure that Levis was ahead of Mauch. I have no problem basically giving up a 3rd rnder to take a stab at landing the future franchise QB and at a minimum improving our backup qb position this yr. I have no doubt the Titans were hoping a WR would fall to their spot in the 3rd, but Hyatt/Wilson/Downs went off the board just before Titans pick...the next tier of WRs would have been a reach at that spot of the 3rd rnd

I give the draft a B+.... if Levis hits then it is an A+ if not then a C+

B, potential to be an A- (not an A or A+ tho) if Levis pans out.

A WR before the last helicopter out of vietnam in terms of the draft... would have made it a B+, potential for an A.

Liked 1, hated 2 and 3, completely complacent after.
Absolutely the way I feel. Should have went WR in either 2 or 3.

I understand going after Levis in 2, but that 3rd round pick was classic Titans.

Holy F.

I don’t care how good he was in college, that dude's a fooking bottlerocket.

Flashbang.

Sure as hell not what the team needed, at
F-ING Running Back. Vrabel is Fisher 2.0

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely the way I feel. Should have went WR in either 2 or 3.

I understand going after Levis in 2, but that 3rd round pick was classic Titans.

Holy F.

I don’t care how good he was in college, that dude's a fooking bottlerocket.

Flashbang.

Sure as hell not what the team needed, at
F-ING Running Back. Vrabel is Fisher 2.0
I know how bad we needed WR, but I really wanted Mayer. Thought that could be really good with our running game and TE sets. Get what we did there at 2, but 3 was a gut bomb! Like a wtf moment. Guess we will see. Grade C- from my standpoint. Actually 2 was a gut bomb too, but that’s just me. I’m high on Phillips still (favorite draft pick last year), but that ain’t paid chit.

I know how bad we needed WR, but I really wanted Mayer. Thought that could be really good with our running game and TE sets. Get what we did there at 2, but 3 was a gut bomb! Like a wtf moment. Guess we will see. Grade C- from my standpoint. Actually 2 was a gut bomb too, but that’s just me. I’m high on Phillips still (favorite draft pick last year), but that ain’t paid chit.
I wanted Mayer too, fwiw. I wasn't stoked on the 2nd round pick either, but I understand why they did it.

That 3rd was a gut-punch though.

Pure Vrabel. He's Fisher 2.0.

A "players coach", veteran from defense. Granted, he knows his end of the ball, but he's too arrogant to allow someone else to control the offense.

He'll be gone in two years, watch and see. He's successful, but not in post-season.

I had them with an A, but that 3rd pick dropped them all they way to C.

no way were Michael Wilson, Tre Tucker, Darius Davis, Charlie Jones or Tyler Scott worth an early/mid 3rd and pick.... those were the next wrs drafted... would you have really felt better about our WR corp if we reached for any of those guys in the 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back