Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
A lot of people are making a big deal about Steve Smith's touchdown celebration against Chicago where he wrapped his legs around the goalpost and slid down. They are saying it was the "best of the year" and "made the TD celebration Hall of Fame". He copied it from Pacman!!! Pacman was trhe first to do that!!!

Actually Chad Johnson's River Dance that I choreographed was the best of the year.

However, only Titan fans will recognize the "fire pole" slide as originating in the Coliseum. And if you are a true Titan fan you will know that Pac bit the celebration off of Roydell.

elfinmagic53 said:
However, only Titan fans will recognize the "fire pole" slide as originating in the Coliseum. And if you are a true Titan fan you will know that Pac bit the celebration off of Roydell.

It was one of the rookie WR, but wasn't sure if it was Roydell, Roby, or Jones.

Actually, Courtney Roby did it first. Then Pacman followed up and did it. If I am not mistaken, they both happened in the same game. I was puzzled because it kind of made Pacman look like a copycat.

No, it wasn't a rookie thing. It was done because Erron Kinney is a fireman and it was supposed to be in honor of him.

Pac thought it was cool and did it too. Since Pac gets more attention for everything he does, he got more attention for his celebration. Steve Smith saw a clip of Pac doing it during the Monday Night "I like it, I love it" bit and stole it.

elfinmagic53 said:
No, it wasn't a rookie thing. It was done because Erron Kinney is a fireman and it was supposed to be in honor of him.

Pac thought it was cool and did it too. Since Pac gets more attention for everything he does, he got more attention for his celebration. Steve Smith saw a clip of Pac doing it during the Monday Night "I like it, I love it" bit and stole it.

Thanks for the insight. I had a feeling there was some meaning to it. Did it happen during Kinney's missed games or what?

KobeChaz said:
Thanks for the insight. I had a feeling there was some meaning to it. Did it happen during Kinney's missed games or what?

I don't remember if Kinney was out or not. I just remember during the game, they kept doing it and we all thought it had something to do with a stripper pole. After the game I found out that it was all about Kinney and the fireman's pole.

It's funny that no one has mentioned that when Pacman did it it was called back. That's pretty damn funny in a way. It was the Raider game when he hit the left side line and was gone. What a tease.

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
It's funny that no one has mentioned that when Pacman did it it was called back. That's pretty damn funny in a way. It was the Raider game when he hit the left side line and was gone. What a tease.

You remember every game and every detail! Or maybe I just need to not drink when I'm at the games:toast:

elfinmagic53 said:
You remember every game and every detail! Or maybe I just need to not drink when I'm at the games:toast:
au contraire
I get wasted at almost every game. I get so crazy and worked up I hardly remember the score when I leave...Just because I happen to remember it being the left sideline isn't a real big deal. What was a big deal is that it would have been Pac's first TD. It was called back. In that same game he was crucified on this board for that chip tackle (attempted tackle)...but I guess you have no idea what that was either... believe it or not (in some opinions) it actually did change the outcome of the game...

Gunny is right...It was hard to forget that. Whoops...I still haven't.:irked:

I remember the call back touchdown.

Ahh, the Raiders game is coming back to me. It was warm, I think I was wearing my cute pink camisole shirt and my toes were painted pink to match my cute high heel sandals with the cute straps.

You remember plays Bipolar, I remember outfits.

My friend said the word "actually" really meant "despite what you might think," and went on a year-long binge replacing "actually" with that phrase. We all did it until we annoyed ourselves to death.

But revisiting the thought, I've decided that you could replace "actually" with "upon further review." I'm going to go with that for awhile.

So, "upon further review" I've decided the rooks were only allowed to do the fireman slide, because they're rooks, and it's one of the lamest celebrations ever, especially taken out of context like Steve Smith did. It's almost like saying, "I can't come up with anything else." Roydell had to do it because his "turf angel" on his first TD was, "upon further review," lamer.

what's to celebrate anyways?

GLinks said:
So, "upon further review" I've decided the rooks were only allowed to do the fireman slide, because they're rooks, and it's one of the lamest celebrations ever, especially taken out of context like Steve Smith did.
It is a pretty stupid celebration...I remember 5 or six years ago the Titans had some killer celebrations...can't remember too much about them but at the same time I haven't forgotten... We ought to self-prohibit all celebrations until we finish the season somewhere above .500. Until then 9-23 over two season isn't much to celebrate. :sad2:

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
It is a pretty stupid celebration...I remember 5 or six years ago the Titans had some killer celebrations...can't remember too much about them but at the same time I haven't forgotten... We ought to self-prohibit all celebrations until we finish the season somewhere above .500. Until then 9-23 over two season isn't much to celebrate. :sad2:

Bah, stop the hating. If a guy makes a touchdown, they deserve to do a dance!

You know, they weren't joking about all the rain and coffee in Seattle! I'm depressed and zipping off of caffeine all at once. I need a freakin' nap!:irked:

elfinmagic53 said:
Bah, stop the hating. If a guy makes a touchdown, they deserve to do a dance!
Stop hating? Are you out of your mind Tinkerbell? First off, Pacman didn't score on the play in question...but that's beside the point...Secondly, I never said anything about players deserving or not deserving a TD celebration opportunity. It's just that jumping on the goal post is stupid. Period.

Take Chad Johnson for instance...That "golf" celebration of his was awesome. It was so funny... See, I'm not hating...I just can't award too many syle points on jumping on the goal post...

Now Tony Gonzalez has got a nice trademark that involves goal posts...
I assume that you do not have any idea who he is so for the sake of clarity I will tell you. Outside of Antonio Gates (he's a Charger), TG is the best TE in the League...forget Shockey... TG does a slam dunk over the cross bar...tried and true...Calico likes to copy it, but he never sniffs the endzone...I suppose I'm hating Calico now?:ha:

Quit calling people haters. :banned: I am and have always been a gigantic Pacman supporter. I've even told Pacman myself personally how I tout him here. Every time you run in to someone you don't agree with you say that they are a hater.

I'm not a hater. I just think copying a lame celebration is gay.
No dis on Pacman. I'd rather see CJ style originality...that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back