Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Just feel like this is a a topic worth discussing because we ALL realize a lack of pass rush is what is holding this team back. We've got to work with what we have. If there was a "player" solution we'd have it by now.

For me, Vrabel needs to get creative with an intermittent disguised blitz. IMO, that's how Pees kept opposing dink and dunkers in check. They feel pressure before they got to their 3rd read which was usually open because that's where the pressure was coming from. I'm not really an experienced football guy, just an observation. Drives me F-in crazy watching us get handled rushing 4 and THEN the Rivers/Mayfield QB's destroy us over the middle with the drag routes. Losing Jayon hurt our LB coverage ability.

I would like to see what King can do with some blitzing, he did well in LA/SD with it

And I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Matthews in...8 sacks last year...more than Clowney

Just feel like this is a a topic worth discussing because we ALL realize a lack of pass rush is what is holding this team back. We've got to work with what we have. If there was a "player" solution we'd have it by now.

For me, Vrabel needs to get creative with an intermittent disguised blitz. IMO, that's how Pees kept opposing dink and dunkers in check. They feel pressure before they got to their 3rd read which was usually open because that's where the pressure was coming from. I'm not really an experienced football guy, just an observation. Drives me F-in crazy watching us get handled rushing 4 and THEN the Rivers/Mayfield QB's destroy us over the middle with the drag routes. Losing Jayon hurt our LB coverage ability.
I don't think there is a 1 person fix available right now.
Fully agree with the disguised blitzing of some of these other guys we do have available. AJ25 improving back to "normal" would be a huge upgrade to allow others to blitz because he can cover.

I also like the idea of Mathews coming in. A guy who is able to read an offense and knows how to be disruptive would be helpful but I'm honestly good with the guys we have, just using them differently than the current weekly game plans.

It's week 16. It is what is at this point.

I'd be all in favor of trading the whole damn draft to get Greg Rousseau or Micah Parsons though.

It's week 16. It is what is at this point.

I'd be all in favor of trading the whole damn draft to get Greg Rousseau or Micah Parsons though.
Was it you who said that about Chase Young last year? Sounded a little crazy at the time but we would obviously give up every single player from our 2020 draft plus some to get Chase Young right now.

Was it you who said that about Chase Young last year? Sounded a little crazy at the time but we would obviously give up every single player from our 2020 draft plus some to get Chase Young right now.
Apparently I did. Lol.

2020 Pass Rush Prospects

I don't remember how serious I was about it. Draft time 2020 seems like 20 years ago, but I'm totally down this time around.

I've only started seeing cb and safety blitzes in like the last 2 - 3 games but seems to not help. Ryan was a good corner blitzer but vaccaro and byard blitzed hell of alot more last year. We need more 5 man rushes to get the qb pass the ball quicker, especially on 3rd down. Dont think I've seen us blitz on 3rd down all year

I've only started seeing cb and safety blitzes in like the last 2 - 3 games but seems to not help. Ryan was a good corner blitzer but vaccaro and byard blitzed hell of alot more last year. We need more 5 man rushes to get the qb pass the ball quicker, especially on 3rd down. Dont think I've seen us blitz on 3rd down all year

They don’t blitz on 3rd down and it drives me crazy. Especially on 3rd and long. I understand normal defenses and percentages but that doesn’t work with this defense. They should blitz more IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back