Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: Height: 6-2Weight: 19840 Time: 4.45With the 172nd pick of the 2006 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select Wisconsin WR Jonathan Orr.Orr is a four-year starter, an outstanding athlete with great upside for the next level. He is quick to top speed and runs away from opponents in the open field. Orr is strong, makes the tough catch in a crowd or out-muscles defenders for the reception. He consistently comes back to the quarterback, working to make himself an available target. He is an eathanffective blocking downfield for ball carriers.

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/publish/article_001438.shtml

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

Wow I didnt see this one coming..... good player but dern.... we need olinemen now! we are already deep at wr... this is a wasted pick

If my memory serves me correct we have 7 wide recievers under contract and probably will only carry 6 on the 53 man roster. My point is there is not a roster spot for a reciever but there is a o-line spot with the retirement of Hopkins. The kid maybe great but drafting a wr without a roster spot looks like he will get cut in camp and a wasted pick.

LANGSTER said:
If my memory serves me correct we have 7 wide recievers under contract and probably will only carry 6 on the 53 man roster. My point is there is not a roster spot for a reciever but there is a o-line spot with the retirement of Hopkins. The kid maybe great but drafting a wr without a roster spot looks like he will get cut in camp and a wasted pick.
Orr will compete with Wade (and hopefully beat him out)

We've kept 7 WR's before. It could be Givens, Bennett, Calico, Roby, Jones (who could be Pup'd), Williams, and maybe Orr. The other guys are probably on the way out.

A seventh spot for WR can happen. It's usually a swing position.

But Brandon Jones will probably be on PUP entering the season.

So it'll go:
Givens
Bennett
Calico
Williams
Roby
Orr or Thomas

I suspect Orr (if he's for real) and he can be moved to the practice squad if Jones returns.

or maybe it wont be him but someone else that hasnt stepped up like calico, which would really dissapoint me being as he is from mtsu and both of my parents went there, i really want him to do well

Chris sanders?

Sanders opened his nfl career with 2 straight 800 yard seasons, a 20 yard average per catch and 13 TDs. After that he was just a backup but hell i'll take another chris sanders considering where we drafted orr.

Orr had an unusual career at wisconsin. He looked like a future all american his freshman year and then did almost nothing the next 2. In 2005 he was solid but not spectacular. He's a project with good size and speed.

Nice pick..

I wasn't criticizing the pick by comparing him to Sanders. I think he'll stretch the field and open up lots of underneath stuff for the rest of our receivers as well.

I hope he has more currage than cris did. Biggest wus I ever saw on a football field. Obvious he would rather have been running track. Supposed to be a nice guy though, but he was completly gutless over the middle and would NOT fight for a ball thrown his way either, would not extend or dive for a ball either - throw had to be nearly perfect before cris would bother to go for it. I would love for the Titans to bring him to camp just so I could get the pleasure of reading "Titans Cut Sanders" one more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back