Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Blah blah blah I was stubborn and wouldn't fire my friends: - Mike Mularkey

Does he actually believe that?

We get a new GM that really wants ex-Pats to run the team and he really thinks not firing his friends would've saved his job? That was just JRob's way of getting him to quit to save face.

Not saying we're worse off for the decision, but firing Mularkey after getting a surprise win against KC would've been odd.

I’ve got the cliff notes version of the story “Who gives a flying fluck about Mularkey”.

Don’t get wrong, he helped get rid of the losers culture here and helped us turn the corner. But he was at his ceiling.

I’ve got the cliff notes version of the story “Who gives a flying fluck about Mularkey”.

Don’t get wrong, he helped get rid of the losers culture here and helped us turn the corner. But he was at his ceiling.

We know. But I’m still interested in what he has to say.

Does he actually believe that?

We get a new GM that really wants ex-Pats to run the team and he really thinks not firing his friends would've saved his job? That was just JRob's way of getting him to quit to save face.

Not saying we're worse off for the decision, but firing Mularkey after getting a surprise win against KC would've been odd.
He was going to get rid of Mularkey regardless. Robinson decided that earlier in the season. It had nothing to do with him firing or not firing assistants.
Long term.....Current coach and staff are better. But I’m not going to continuously bash a guy who did do good things for the franchise.

There has to be more than Mularkey in that change of culture. I mean not drafting Sankey would have been a solid move. So in that sense, just firing Webster was a start to changing the culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back