Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Steelers | Polamalu still feels sting of losing C. Hope
Sun, 14 May 2006 23:28:36 -0700

Joe Bendel, of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, reports Pittsburgh Steelers S Troy Polamalu still feels the sting of losing close friend S Chris Hope to the Tennessee Titans. Polamalu said, "It's tough to deal with because he sat next to me in meetings; we talked all the time. The mesh we had together cannot be matched by any other safety group in the NFL. That's been the key to our success as a defense. It's going to be really tough find the relationship we had." Late during the 2005 season, Polamalu said, "There are a lot of mistakes I make that (Hope) makes up for. That's why it's great to have him. I think it'd be hard for me to find a really cohesive bond with some other safety." Polamalu is working to create a bond during minicamp and S Ryan Clark and S Tyrone Carter are confident it will not take long to develop a bond with him.

its the truth, i know his name wasn't heard much cause of troy, but he was the one that ran that secondary

you will see him and fuller make a world of difference in our secondary now...along with having more speed and athelticism @ the backer position

With our FA additions and the great draft that we had... it's hard to believe that the Titans won't be competitive. I guess I'm just some kind of homer but I'm seriously hard pressed to believe that the Titans won't shock some teams.

We could go out and rip off wins from teams like Miami and San Diego... no one would expect it. The D will be much better. I would like to see Fuller come on strong. That would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back