Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
So Jackrabbit is clearly starting at CB1, but the battle for CB2 has only just begun.

My personal opinion is that this will come down to Farley vs. Borders to start the season. Some might say Fulton is in on the battle, but I think Fulton will be pushed into the slot as indications are Molden will take some time to be ready for the NFL.

A Farley vs. Borders matchup is really intriguing. While Farley will almost certainly be the better CB in the long term, I question wether he’ll be ready to start anytime soon. He seems to be moving pretty gingerly out there and hasn’t played in nearly two years. If Borders can put together a solid set of preseason performances, it’s his spot to lose IMO. Thoughts?

Fulton is having a really good camp. I think he starts. Farley will get reps in as the 3rd CB and Borders as 4th. Obviously things would change if an injury occurred.

I think it will be Borders. He's had a really good camp from what I've been reading and seen, and the coaches know him and can trust him. Farley will get snaps and push him, but I think to start the season they'll roll with the known commodity.

I would imagine it would take more than 3 weeks of practice to knock two years of rust off and be ready to play NFL football. But maybe that’s just me.

Agreed, but he's probably gonna see ample time in the preseason. So we'll have to take that sample size for what it's worth.

In the past teams would start their two best CBs on the outside and the 3rd guy would typically man he slot. That can still work if you have vet players with experience at both.

Now however the slot has become almost a separate position and some guys who might be good outside don't translate well inside and visa versa. Add in that we have some young players it becomes less predictable who is gong to play where. That is why Molden, even if not 100% ready might get the nod inside. Fulton then starts outside if Farley can't go. Otherwise we might see Fulton playing outside and inside with Borders rotating outside if Molden and Farley aren't ready.

With Farley it comes down to when they feel he is ready for full contact more than rust IMO. He can shake off the rust by getting out there. Even the best rookies struggle at times in the NFL but the kid's athleticism and skill set are off the charts.

With everybody healthy we have a pretty solid CB group.

I blame the covid weird season last year for why Fulton never found his groove. With a full camp we’re finally seeing the guy we got a steal with in the second round who has first round potential. Expect Fulton to start but that’s not a knock on Farley, I think he’ll take time to adjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back