Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Who is the best QB the Titans have drafted since McNair?

I got into a conversation recently about this, so we started ranking the QBs as to who we thought was the best. We also took into account that if we had to choose, who would you redraft to play on the team now (as if the player was a new rookie, not their current age). Here are the QBs we’ve drafted since McNair (dating back to 2000). I’m curious how everyone would rank them. I’m taking out Luke Falk and Cole McDonald because they didn’t play a snap for the team.

Will Levis
Malik Willis
Marcus Mariota
Zach Mettenberger
Jake Locker
Rusty Smith
Vince Young

I got into a conversation recently about this, so we started ranking the QBs as to who we thought was the best. We also took into account that if we had to choose, who would you redraft to play on the team now (as if the player was a new rookie, not their current age). Here are the QBs we’ve drafted since McNair (dating back to 2000). I’m curious how everyone would rank them. I’m taking out Luke Falk and Cole McDonald because they didn’t play a snap for the team.

Will Levis
Malik Willis
Marcus Mariota
Zach Mettenberger
Jake Locker
Rusty Smith
Vince Young
Grief! We suck at drafting quarterbacks.

Will Levis
Malik Willis
Marcus Mariota
Zach Mettenberger
Jake Locker
Rusty Smith
Vince Young
want to win 1 game .... Locker or The Diva depending on opponent
want to have a career .... MM8

Levis is of course the wildcard

Mettenberger was not as bad as he looked... had zero anything around him ... including a D giving up 30 on the routine

Drafted only, it’s gotta be MM8.

VY was remotely consistent enough to know what you’re gonna get. He has some stellar performances, but rarely was that case.

locker might have been ok, but he was going to get hurt and you never know when.

Mett may not have been as bad as his reputation now, but he wasn’t good either.
Rusty was nothing, Willis is too early for sure but not looking good, levis definitely too early.

I think Matt Mauck is also a draft, and McDonald but I agree with your original post, not worth even mentioning.

Drafted only, it’s gotta be MM8.

VY was remotely consistent enough to know what you’re gonna get. He has some stellar performances, but rarely was that case.

locker might have been ok, but he was going to get hurt and you never know when.

Mett may not have been as bad as his reputation now, but he wasn’t good either.
Rusty was nothing, Willis is too early for sure but not looking good, levis definitely too early.

I think Matt Mauck is also a draft, and McDonald but I agree with your original post, not worth even mentioning.
C’mon man! Don’t treat the Rifle that way!

The TD that never was… I remember well! Way to go Rifle! Erp uh shat!
I remember his one and only start, it was against the Texans. I didn't think he played terribly, but there were something like 7 drops in that game. Our WRs were no help. Dude could sling it though. I remember someone on this forum had a nickname for him I still use and laugh at: "Rusty F-it I'm going deep Smith."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back