Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should be so lucky. Henry up the middle for 1 yard.

So I did some research... we ran the ball 9 times on 1st down and threw it 8 times...and no matter what we did we stunk it up on 1st down.....if you add up the total yardage gained from our 17 1st down plays the grand total is 16 yrds.....that's right only 16 total yrds for the Titans on 1st down for the yr.....that is pathetic

So I did some research... we ran the ball 9 times on 1st down and threw it 8 times...and no matter what we did we stunk it up on 1st down.....if you add up the total yardage gained from our 17 1st down plays the grand total is 16 yrds.....that's right only 16 total yrds for the Titans on 1st down for the yr.....that is pathetic
This data is from 1st offensive play of each game this season?

WTF... I knew it was bad, but not that bad. So our first possession of the game, we are basically only working with 2 downs to get a 1st down.

WTF... I knew it was bad, but not that bad. So our first possession of the game, we are basically only working with 2 downs to get a 1st down.

It's not just the first possession though. Titans run on first down more than most teams in the NFL.

I think the rate from this season was over 60% runs on first down.

Henry played in 8 games this yr and the total yards gained on his first carry of every game is 10 yds.....definitely not a quick starter

I'd actually love to see a designed Tannehill QB sneak. The Bengals are going to go all out on a Henry run up the middle. I could see that being a massive play to start the game.

I usually hate getting the ball first, but I think it will benefit us to get it first this game and set the tone.

I'm going play action to Henry and Tanny throws a strike to Julio...getting him involved in the game early
Agree 100%.

If Downing was smart, with Henry in there for the first play from scrimmage, you know the Bengals will be gearing up for a Henry run first play of the game, only to hit a nice pass on PA to Julio or AJ to set the tone early.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree 100%.

If Downing was smart, with Henry is in there for the first play from scrimmage, you know the Bengals will be gearing up for a Henry run first play of the game, only to hit a nice pass on PA to Julio or AJ to set the tone early.
We can wish that would be the case. I'm still betting the run up the middle or off tackle. Bengals may also be expecting PA bootleg on 1st play.

That’ll playaction it and go deep to Jones. They have tried it twice now recently to start 2nd halves but Tanny has missed him. The play has been there and I think they hit it Saturday to open the game

I'd actually love to see a designed Tannehill QB sneak. The Bengals are going to go all out on a Henry run up the middle. I could see that being a massive play to start the game.

I usually hate getting the ball first, but I think it will benefit us to get it first this game and set the tone.

That’ll playaction it and go deep to Jones. They have tried it twice now recently to start 2nd halves but Tanny has missed him. The play has been there and I think they hit it Saturday to open the game
I agree that play has been there! It was there the first play against the Steelers wide open for TD, but Tanney took sack and he been able to just flip out there Julio was wide open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back