Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Robinson is in an awkward position. He alternated between quarterback and wide receiver until his senior season, when, as a quarterback, he blossomed into the Big Ten Conference Offensive Player of the Year and finished fifth in the Heisman Trophy vote. Some teams want to see Robinson at wide receiver. He said he wants to do whatever will get him onto a roster.

"The scouts want to see me do other things," Robinson said. "When I asked Norm (Chow) about it, he said, 'Mike, you're a heck of a quarterback. I kind of shy away from doing that.' That made me feel good."

Chow didn't finalize plays for Robinson at receiver until Wednesday morning. They were scribbled on the back of a sheet of paper. He didn't look lost as a wideout Wednesday afternoon, and he returned a couple of kicks, as well.

i myself seeing robinson end up becoming a safety...he has good size and very good speed. he has had some trouble catching passes at the senior bowl and that could improve and he may be a good receiver. i dont see him being a qb at the pro level maybe a 3rd string, but in my mind he will become a safety.

No, but it's probably easier converting someone to safety, than to quarterback or receiver (Marcus Randall). But an unspectacular showing at QB and almost too little work at WR has probably hurt his stock a lot.

I think he could play both. If he played QB, it would be a couple of years before he would be ready for NFL action, as a WR, he could play as a 3rd immediately for most teams

Vigsted said:
But an unspectacular showing at QB and almost too little work at WR has probably hurt his stock a lot.

it didn't seem to effect Matt Jones much

Robinson is projected as a 4th or late 3rd

maximus said:
I think he could play both. If he played QB, it would be a couple of years before he would be ready for NFL action, as a WR, he could play as a 3rd immediately for most teams

i think it's a forgone conclusion (at least from what I've gathered) that MR will enter the draft as a WR prospect

He compares more to guys like Antwaan Randle-El and Hines Ward of the Steelers; he would be a very versatile player for any team that drafts him.

He'd be very good with trick plays and such.

Well Jones only went that high because he was a big time gamer in college that tested out really well at the combine. I doubt Robinson can move into the first or second rounds unless he timed at 4.45 or better at the combine.

Matt Jones was also 6'6 240 lbs and ran a 4.37 at the combine. Michael Robinson is around 6'1 or 6'2 and about 215-220. If I had to guess, I'd say he runs a 4.5ish. He compares well to Hines Ward, but he will need alot of work in the department of route running and hands.

About six months ago I made the scenario of drafting Robinson and putting him immediately in the backfield... I still stick with that.

Titanpride said:
About six months ago I made the scenario of drafting Robinson and putting him immediately in the backfield... I still stick with that.

if used properly, it would keep defenses on their toes

not sure if MR is the right prospect for it though

Reese likes projects, so you never know

Fourth/Fifth - early project area. Franchise QB, LB, OT, S will likely come first. If he's around on day two in a round we have multiple picks, we could take a flier on him. Not before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back