Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Is moving up to #3 and possibly selling the farm in the process a good idea? The Titans ABSOLUTELY suck at drafting QBs. Our last franchise QB was McNair who was drafted by the Oilers. The others: Locker, Mariota, Smith and Young never turned out to be anything. The idea that they were drafted to a bad team doesn't work since none of them did well anywhere in the NFL. In fact, we ruined Locker. Leaving the Titans he said, "I will never return to the NFL".
As for drafting a "franchise" QB, who's to say that either of these top prospects will ever be a franchise QB. Isn't that we thought about Locker, Young and Mariota? I don't have the answer but, I would not sale the farm to obtain a person in a position that we have never had luck at. Stay at #11 and maybe Hooker or someone else falls is the best that I can see.
And, if we jump to #3 and grab a QB, would the Titans keep 3 QBs on their roster?

If Bryce Young falls to 3, it may turn out to be worth it. Still a huge risk. Otherwise, chances are very low that one of the other guys will turn out to be worth giving up multiple first round picks. Seems crazy to me.

If Bryce Young falls to 3, it may turn out to be worth it. Still a huge risk. Otherwise, chances are very low that one of the other guys will turn out to be worth giving up multiple first round picks. Seems crazy to me.

5’10” 180 with no pop in his arm and average athleticism. No way. I ld jump on levis if he was available at our pick- but their isnt a josh allen, justin herbert or trevor lawrence in this draft.

I am legit scared to death we are going to trade up for a qb tomorrow, particularly Richardson. I hope he's a hall of famer and proves me wrong if we take him

I am legit scared to death we are going to trade up for a qb tomorrow, particularly Richardson. I hope he's a hall of famer and proves me wrong if we take him

I feel like we alreadt drafted richardson….last yr in 3rd round. Surely vrabel wouldnt double down with a slightly bigger clone

This is the first year is a LONG time where so much of the franchises future is up in the air and the draft matters this much. We all knew we were gonna take Mariota. We had a smooth QB transition from Mariota to Tanny. So many questions will likely be answered tomorrow. Get your popcorn.

This is the first year is a LONG time where so much of the franchises future is up in the air and the draft matters this much. We all knew we were gonna take Mariota. We had a smooth QB transition from Mariota to Tanny. So many questions will likely be answered tomorrow. Get your popcorn.
I’m legit hoping we stay at 11 and draft the Irishman or best available OL on our board. Would love to trade back to 17 if we can do it, and do the same. We most likely lose out on a tackle though if we do that, and we need to bolster our OL badly. I know it won’t happen, but I have a hard high one for drafting Mayer though.

I’m legit hoping we stay at 11 and draft the Irishman or best available OL on our board. Would love to trade back to 17 if we can do it, and do the same. We most likely lose out on a tackle though if we do that, and we need to bolster our OL badly. I know it won’t happen, but I have a hard high one for drafting Mayer though.
Going back to 17 we could still likely get one of Darnell Wright, Anton Harrison, Broderick Jones or Dawand Jones. I’d be happy with any of them or OCyrus Torrence or Schmitz or Mauch. Should be some starter caliber OL help available on Day 2 for sure.

Going back to 17 we could still likely get one of Darnell Wright, Anton Harrison, Broderick Jones or Dawand Jones. I’d be happy with any of them or OCyrus Torrence or Schmitz or Mauch. Should be some starter caliber OL help available on Day 2 for sure.
At 11 I want an epic game changer at OL. Starters talent is cool, but there will certainly be a run on QB, so I’m hoping for generational talent. Actually, I’m hoping for an Irish TE. That’s just me and GoT though

What's the alternative? Never draft a QB?

The Bills and Chiefs sucked at drafting QBs too, until they didn't.
KC really didn’t try.
1983 until Mahomes, zero QB drafted.

edit: sorry should specify zero 1st rd QBs.
They did take 2nd rd in 89’ and 92’, and a handful of 4/5/6/7 rounds and some like 11th round when that existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back