Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
hi im just curious what you guys think about Travis Henry's future in Tennessee. Does Tennessee need Chris Brown and Travis Henry? will Henry get more carries in 2006?

Henry may get more carries but I don't think it will be with Tennessee.

I guess it depends on who we draft, free agents, what they think of Nash and Payton.

Henry has an option on his contract, I am not sure when it has to be triggered for the remaining years to be picked up.

BTW what is with us and picking up high priced offense free agents? They all seem to suck. Pickens, Thigpen, Henry.

if you trade the 3rd pick for two other first round picks(like to the vikings for #8 and #17 i believe). Then we can use one of those picks as qb and another as rb.

If we can't make a trade like this, then we can try to draft a running back in the second or thrid round, and we might be able to land Maurice Drew out of UCLA, who had a pretty strong year...

Or... we can trade Brown for a pick, that way we can get either another shot at a good defensive player or at a running back... But I don't think anyone would want Brown nor Henry...

Brown = injuries
Henry = drugs

Brown is the better back because he is younger and probably equal or better then Henry at the actual position. If only he can either be 100% or learn something from mcnair (play injured)

Vikes thing would only happen if they trade Culpepper. I think OAK is not an option, possibly AZ, 10 and 17, then. But Detroit could take Cutler, and all three top QBs would be gone. Big if anyway.

In fact, my new Henry strategy is this: trade Henry for a 4th. Take that fourth and fifth round pick (cuz we'll get a 4th or 5th for Dyson in all likelihood), and maybe that 7th Indy is giving us for Calmus, I dunno, depending on value, and get a 3rd rounder. Fill another hole. Drew might be there in the 3rd, you never know - he fell a little bit and is short, another reason for teams to overlook him some. That is if we don't have Bush at #3 of course.

But I wonder what Nash will look like next year. He's no Henry, but is of similar dimension, and if they lean to giving Brown more carries, it makes sense to lose an overpaid player who is at risk for missing a whole season and wasting your team's money.

LiLPrince215 said:
if you trade the 3rd pick for two other first round picks(like to the vikings for #8 and #17 i believe). Then we can use one of those picks as qb and another as rb.
I'm sorry, and welcome to the forum and all that, but what the hell do you mean by this? I'm really confused. Our 3rd pick, I believe, is long gone...It went with the Henry deal...to the Bills. Even if we had it, how do you turn a third pick into another first? Is that trading a player away?

Brown is under contract, so that would be a cap hit but I think it can be avoided if his contract is assumed, but who is stupid enough to take that kind of risk considering his past (missed starts, unfinshed games, ect...) and as for Henry...I don't know whether he's worth the gamble to us or anyone.

Seems like the most logical thing to do is to keep Brown and let him leave as a UFA. Maybe bail on Henry or resructure the deal. Why the hell isn't anybody talking up D.Nash? I like the way he runs it up in the hole. Might not need Henry really...especially when the Titans suck it up so bad we have a chance to get a real stud back in next years draft.

I don't think there is a market for Henry- he's got 2 strikes in the NFL drug policy, plus he was injured and didn't do a whole lot when given the chance. The smartest play with Henry is to re-negotiate his contract or release him if we can't get anything for him in trade.

Henry hasn't made sound financial deals in the past. I think we'll be able to keep him on the roster with a restructured deal.

I agree that most teams won't want to touch him this offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back