Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
I'm basing this on my own opinions and observations so take this for what it's worth this far out from the draft.

There's a real good chance that Kerry Collins won't be back under center for the Raiders in '06. The Raiders have both Moss and Jerry Porter and a couple other quality receivers on the roster. They're downfield type receivers that need a QB that can get them the ball. Volek is a California native and throws one of the best deep balls in the NFL. My first senario goes under the thought that Davis gives up a second or third rounder for Volek. That'll make up for the Henry trade and recoup that lost pick.

One thing Davis has done in the past is trade up to get a player he's in love with. What would Davis give up for Leinart or Vince Young ? A new face of the franchise for the "Raider Nation" ? Tempting for Davis. Everyone on the planet knows the Titans will have their chance at selecting at least one of these two potential franchise QB's. Question is, will Al be calling when the Titans are on the clock (or long before hand) and if he's going to be knocking, how hard will he be hitting on Reese's door ?

All Davis has to do if he wants a strong arm QB is draft Jay Cutler (which is exactly what some draft sites have him doing). Leinart might not be the strong arm guy the Raiders want and Young still has some quesition marks. They can get Cutler without selling the farm. Just moving up from 6 to 3 would be expensive.

Thank god the Raiders did not win that superbowl. Woo hoo! I wouldn't mind sending Volek to the Lions under Martz. I could root for him there. But not with the Raiders. I've only rooted for a few Raiders in my lifetime.

Vince Evans - was a good story cause he pretty much sucked bad, but kept winning.
David Klingler - one of my boys.

Yep. That's pretty much all I can ever remember.

Titans2008 said:
The Raiders are known for building their teams through FA, not the draft.

That's why they used a first rounder on a meth-loving kicker.

No use trying to predict what Al Davis is going to do, other than swooping down from his skybox in some snazzy rhinestone jump suit.

People seem to forget they drafted a QB in the 3rd round last year - WHO WAS at some point a first rounder and the first QB off the board. Andrew Walter. The talent is in that kid - they just need to give him a chance..

Look here Collins may be a lot of things, a drunk, inconsistant, a poor decision maker, ect. but the one thing he does do well is throw a good long ball. :suspect:

I don't remember exactly where I heard this, but it's my understanding that Walter actually exceeded their expectations in camp, and that they fully expect him to be the franchise.

That being said, the Raiders are the only team I could see giving up a 2 for Volek....not because he's worth it or because they need him that badly, but because they're so unpredictable. The Raiders have a long history of making trades that are borderline psychotic. (The funny thing is, they used to be able to make those hare-brained trades work to their advantage. But in the last few years, it seems like they always fall flat on their faces.)

The Don said:
That's why they used a first rounder on a meth-loving kicker.
Sebastian Janikowski required five stitches to close a head wound
wtf.gif
he sustained on a dance floor of a San Francisco nightclub early Oct. 8, according to published reports. The Associated Press reported that Janikowski fell at the Sno-Drift Bar due to "an apparent drug overdose.":eek: Paul Healy, the kicker's Florida-based agent, calls media reports that his client had overdosed "outlandish" and "totally false." Janikowski, 23, wasn't arrested after the incident...
janikowski1222.jpg

...then he inexplicably missed three of four kicks in a 13-10 loss to Tennessee and finished the season by hitting his final six attempts.:sad2:

If they or Detroit were to give up a 2nd rounder for Volek which is doubtful that would put us in great shape we could nab a MLB then a good Safety. But hey with Matt Millen at the Helm up in Detroit Floyd could probably squeeze a first round pick out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back