Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
The most worthless thing done is rating drafts before anyone has stepped on the field and before all offseason work is done.....I've seen mostly C grades for our draft and a few B grades.
They don't even consider what you did with the draft picks that you don't have..like our 4th landing us our franchise QB in Tanny....

I looked back at 2016 to see what type of grades we got for that draft
CBS sports C-
PFF B-
WalterFootball B-
SBNation B

I'd certainly give that draft a solid A grade... a draft in which you get 3 guys who have been pro bowlers (Conklin, Henry, and Byard) and 3 solid contributors who have signed 2nd contracts with other teams in Johnson, Sharpe, Sims.....

So what do you think has been our worst draft ever...I'd say 2013

Warmack, Justin Hunter, Blidi Wreh-Wilson, Zavier Gooden, Brian Schwenke, Lavar Edwards, Khalid Wooten, Damian Stafford

That is one rough draft especially for picking fairly early in the rounds....

Well we gained 2 studs and a lineman so thats probably good for a B B+ in 4 yrs when we can actually grade this draft.

I always say any GM that nets 3 players in any given draft did a good job. Not sure we got 3 but even so 2 grades out to a B IMO.

B+

Needs were definitely met. The only pick I downright don't like is Cole McDonald. No edge player whatsoever is a little surprising. Putting a lot of eggs into the Clowney basket.

I would rate it a B. If we get Clowney an A. We better go sign a veteran back up qb with tanney past injury history the 2 we got now are not going to help us if we had an injury.

B+

Needs were definitely met. The only pick I downright don't like is Cole McDonald. No edge player whatsoever is a little surprising. Putting a lot of eggs into the Clowney basket.
Hope that Clowney basket gets filled tomorrow. Draft only makes sense if that happens. I believe it will

Did well and filled needs. It ain’t over gang, free agency will happen and we can pad some positions once guys are cut etc. I’m liking our position heading in. The only thing that worries me a bit is the backup QB position (then again, Mary wasn’t winning jack anyways),,,I also wonder how our corners will do...I think signing Clowney is a must and I believe we do...

Sure nobody cares but Pro football focus gave us one of the lowest grades. Over the years we have gotten some players in the 7th round. It wont happen this year doubt either make the roster and one or two of the undrafted invites beat them out.

Again we get Clowney it is an A if we do not C plus to B minus

2015 was a pretty worthless draft after Mariota but yeah no one can argue 2013 was one of the worst in franchise history.

2020 Draft Grade seems like somewhere in the B , B- range until we see it play out.

the last few picks seemed wasted but the key is have Wilson become an anchor for years and at least one other pick to pan out and be starter material - anything else after that - like most drafts is just gravy.

Woof. Yea... 2013 was awful. I wonder what we were graded back then. Anyone wanna do the research?

I give us a B-. I’m optimistic that it could turn into an A. Excited for some of these guys. Being impartial however, it’s probably closer to a C if you need an instant grade. Clowney or no Clowney, you have to grade it with what we know now. We know that Wilson looks like a reach (although I do like him). We got lucky that Fulton dropped. That’s our best value pick. I think because we took Wilson and then Fulton dropped, we ignored one of our biggest needs in DE/OLB though. There was a potentially elite group of RBs in this draft and unfortunately they were gone by our 3rd pick. I think Evans is perfect for what we need but he’s outside that top tier. Getting a DT in the 5th might be too late for a position that should see more snaps this year than our 1st and 3rd round picks. Personally, I don’t care that we didn’t draft a K. We can find a UDFA to compete, but grading wise, that has to be another negative.

We have one immediate starter in Fulton and two rotation guys in Evans and the DT. We’ll see what happens with Wilson but I think Kelly starts and we only use him in jumbo packages this year.

Again, I’m actually happy with this draft and graded the individual picks higher, but trying to impartial and look it from an outside perspective... B-

Definitely potential to be A+

The most worthless thing done is rating drafts before anyone has stepped on the field and before all offseason work is done.....I've seen mostly C grades for our draft and a few B grades.
They don't even consider what you did with the draft picks that you don't have..like our 4th landing us our franchise QB in Tanny....

I looked back at 2016 to see what type of grades we got for that draft
CBS sports C-
PFF B-
WalterFootball B-
SBNation B

I'd certainly give that draft a solid A grade... a draft in which you get 3 guys who have been pro bowlers (Conklin, Henry, and Byard) and 3 solid contributors who have signed 2nd contracts with other teams in Johnson, Sharpe, Sims.....

So what do you think has been our worst draft ever...I'd say 2013

Warmack, Justin Hunter, Blidi Wreh-Wilson, Zavier Gooden, Brian Schwenke, Lavar Edwards, Khalid Wooten, Damian Stafford

That is one rough draft especially for picking fairly early in the rounds....
When the most productive guy you got was brian schwenke that is one bad draft.

I give it a low C.

I think this is easily the most head-scratching draft J-Rob has put together. Obviously we were picking at the end of each round, so we weren't going to have access to some of the blue chip players in the 1st.

Here are my two main issues with it.

- We just signed Dennis Kelly $8 million contract. So either he will be an expensive backup or our 1st round pick isn't going to be an immediate contributor. If Kelly loses out to Wilson, that $8 could have been put to good use by signing other free agents at positions of need. We signed Sambrailo to be our swing tackle, so I was really surprised to see the Wilson pick because I thought they were going to give Kelly a shot at winning the starting job.

- We didn't draft a TE or WR even though this was one of the best drafts ever at WR. Not sure I'm comfortable with Raymond being WR4 and would have liked to see us add a speed option with more versatility there. It's like every year we are wanting a speedy WR and they never see it as a huge need. Also, if Jonnu goes down (knock on wood) it's terrifying that Firkser and MyCole are suddenly TE 1 and 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back