Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: Titans C Justin Hartwig is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent in March. Titans GM Floyd Reese and Drew Rosenhaus, the agent for Hartwig, spoke on Wednesday about the possibility of a long-term deal. "I guess I don't know if I want to comment on that," Hartwig said. "I would say call Drew about it, but I think they want to try and re-sign me. It is just a matter of dollars and cents. But I guess they want to work with me."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

I'm guessing the conversation went something like this...

Drew - "My client is the finest center in the league, we want a Jonathan Ogden type deal."

Floyd - "Here is the number of a good substance abuse clinic, give me a call when you get off the crack."

nigel said:

Drew - "My client is the finest center in the league, we want a Jonathan Ogden type deal."

Floyd - "Here is the number of a good substance abuse clinic, give me a call when you get off the crack."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

goTitans.com said:
"I guess I don't know if I want to comment on that," Hartwig said. "I would say call Drew about it, but I think they want to try and re-sign me. It is just a matter of dollars and cents. But I guess they want to work with me."

What do you think about this article?

I wasn't in the room, but it doesn't look good for Hartwig. Shark is going shopping for sure. "But I guess they want to work with me." ???? What kind of quote is that?:suspect:

My sources (pretty reliable) tell me today that Steve Hutchinson has made inquiry and wants to play here next season..Has anyone else heard this??

Broken Record said:
I'd love to have him, but that doesn't seem to make sense. Why would Hutchinson want to come to Tennessee?

Yeah, what he said...

Seattle = Pro Bowl QB, best RB in the league, fantastic o-line, Super Bowl contendor (and should be again next year)

Tennessee = rebuilding

I don't know of any connection he has to the area, but I guess it's not impossible. Gunther Cunningham came here partly because his in-laws were here, so it could be something like that.

I believe he played college ball in Michigan, but I don't know where he is from originally. Still seems kind of odd for a guy playing on the #1 seed going into the playoffs inquiring about moving to Tennessee. I mean, the timing just seems really weird.

The Gunther point is well taken, though. I suppose it could be something like that.

He played high school ball in Florida. But who knows, maybe his parents moved here...

He may also think that the Seahawks won't have the money to re-sign him (after already giving big deals to Walter Jones and Hasselbeck last year with Alexander a free agent this year). But that wouldn't explain any particular interest in the Titans.

For what it's worth, I've heard from Nash before on "insider" stuff. He's been right before, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

nigel said:

:ha:

Starkiller said:

He may also think that the Seahawks won't have the money to re-sign him (after already giving big deals to Walter Jones and Hasselbeck last year with Alexander a free agent this year). But that wouldn't explain any particular interest in the Titans.

Thats a good point. If he already assumes he will not be back in Seattle he may have some reason for being interested in Tennessee. Few players that play in Tennessee don't like the area. Maybe he has heard good things from another player. Either way, it would be a dream come true to get this guy.

goTitans.com said:
SUMMARY: Titans C Justin Hartwig is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent in March. Titans GM Floyd Reese and Drew Rosenhaus, the agent for Hartwig, spoke on Wednesday about the possibility of a long-term deal. "I guess I don't know if I want to comment on that," Hartwig said. "I would say call Drew about it, but I think they want to try and re-sign me. It is just a matter of dollars and cents. But I guess they want to work with me."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

I posted on this topic yesterday. Reese and Rosenhaus spoke about a new deal for Hartwig prior to Wednesday. Re-signing Hartwig is one of the Titans top priorities this offseason, right below re-working McNair's deal and re-signing Kyle Vanden Bosch. Hartwig's value could go up as other teams show interest in the last week off February. I would not expect Hartwig to make a decision until around March 2nd.

i dont know why re-signing hartwig is that much of a priority. i mean, i know you dont really want to lose your three interior linemen in one offseason, but he's sucked this year. he still can't play against the 3-4, even after three years of starting at center.

I don't know if you guys are married, but let me just say that if the wife is not happy, you won't be very happy...plus Tennessee has no state income tax..and I'll leave it at that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back