Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: Titans GM Floyd Reese will meet with the agent representing RB Travis Henry later this month at the East-West Shrine Game. Henry is due a $4 million option which was part of the deal from Buffalo when the Titans traded a third-round pick to them last year. The Titans won't pay the option but may be willing to work out something which keeps Henry a Titan in '06. Henry rushed for just 335 yards and missed four games due to suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

i'd love to keep him personally because he looked really good when they gave him the rock this year and could be our starter but ya know that wont happen cuz of chris, oh well lol

It will be interesting to see how things turn out for Henry and his agent. With Henry having two of the available three substance abuse strikes, they are in a difficult situation to negotiation. I would like to have a vet like Henry in the backfield in 2006 if at all possible (and the price is right).

Get Rid Of Henry!!!!!!!!!!! He Was A Bust. He Didnt help at all. Get Reggie Bush!!!!!!! lawrence maurony deangelo williams lendale white or ME!!!! anyone is better than henry Id Rather sign charlie garner!!

with 2 strikes against Henry he doesn't have a lot of bargaining power. When he is on he is one of the top RBs in the league. Henry has proven he is durable which is more than we can say about Brown.

bob45x32 said:
Get Rid Of Henry!!!!!!!!!!! He Was A Bust. He Didnt help at all. Get Reggie Bush!!!!!!! lawrence maurony deangelo williams lendale white or ME!!!! anyone is better than henry Id Rather sign charlie garner!!

Well that's an honest opinion.

Ewker said:
with 2 strikes against Henry he doesn't have a lot of bargaining power. When he is on he is one of the top RBs in the league. Henry has proven he is durable which is more than we can say about Brown.

Brown played in more games this seaon than Henry did. Henry did miss time due injury and violation of NFL substance abuse program. That counts just as much as missing games due to injury because h has to miss time.

Something Reese said makes me think they will keep Henry, one way or another. He had a radio interview on 106.7, where he said that he'd like to get the Titans back to a time where they were more physical on both offense and defense (as I understood his point).

That sounds like Henry's running style to me. Not Chris Brown's.

I do think, though, that they will have to renegotiate his contract after he had such a terrible 2005 season. I doubt the Titans will keep him with his $4M option bonus.

It's about value. I say keep Henry if he agrees to drop 2.5 mill of the extension. (But wait until after draft day- we may not need him!)

I don't feel like we'll be drafting a RB, but that's based on nothing but my own opinion. However, I hope we can keep Henry and cut his salary down a bit. I agree that our running game needs to get more physical. Brown has a heck of a stiff arm, but if he gets tackled twice in a series he needs two weeks off... I like it that Henry can make his own holes sometimes and gets yards after contact.

Riverman said:
It's about value. I say keep Henry if he agrees to drop 2.5 mill of the extension. (But wait until after draft day- we may not need him!)
They can't wait until the draft to decide. It will have to be done by early March.

So, SK, if we reduce his salary, but then draft Bush, say, and want to cut him, is there any way to tell approximately how much you save when you do? And do you have to wait until June 1 to do it?

Well, Carr was just given his bonus money today I think so it looks like they are intent on keeping him as their qb of the future. I can only assume this means they will be drafting Bush or trading out for someone else who will draft Bush number 1 overall. Coupled with Young's declaration expected in a few hours, it is looking ever more likely that we will be taking Young.

Although, if I was New Orleans, I would at least say that I was going to take Young and try to get us to trade up a spot with them.

GLinks said:
So, SK, if we reduce his salary, but then draft Bush, say, and want to cut him, is there any way to tell approximately how much you save when you do? And do you have to wait until June 1 to do it?
For the Titans to keep him, they will have to give him some sort of bonus up front. Right now, it's scheduled to be $4M. More likely, it will be closer to half of that.

But either way, we won't cut Henry after the draft if we give him a bonus. If somehow we keep Henry and still manage to draft Bush, it's more likely that Brown would be traded.

As for June 1, there aren't going to be cap savings this year by releasing a player after June 1. Because there is currently an uncapped year on tap in 2007, teams won't be able to push any prorated money into the future by releasing players later. All the prorated money will count in 2006 no matter when a player gets cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back