Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/don_banks/12/29/draft.redo.part3/index.html

Pick #23

Oakland Raiders
REYNALDO HILL, CB, Florida

Original pick: Fabian Washington, CB, Nebraska
Here's why the science of drafting is a bunch of malarkey (not Mike): Hill goes in the seventh round to Tennessee and easily out-plays the likes of Washington, Antrel Rolle, Pacman Jones and Carlos Rogers, who all were first-round cornerbacks. For all the work that NFL teams put into draft weekend, players like Hill and Samkon Gado eventually put the lie to the accuracy of scouting grades.

To be fair, the chances of getting a special player in the later rounds is pretty slim, and it's considerablly higher in rounds 1-3.

It is nice to see Hill getting props.

KamikaZ said:
To be fair, the chances of getting a special player in the later rounds is pretty slim, and it's considerablly higher in rounds 1-3.

My thoughts too. It'd be interesting to see what % of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc rounders eventually endup on a roster and/or end up starting.

If the titans had to do it over again, would they take pacman #6? I think he's shown flashes of why he was selected with the 6th pick. Hopefully he'll play on that level more consistently next season.

I have no doubt that they would make the same pick if given the chance. Pac has came a long way since the begining of the season and he's gonna get even better next season.

The only other CB worth selecting at the #6 selection was Antrell Rolle. He had the legal problems too, he had the problems of moving him to safety, and he's been injured all season (maybe the titans saw something on the medical). So pacman again at #6 (if they still went with a corner) - yeh, Pacman.

Nope...

They should have kept Dyson and packaged the third we blew on Henry with our #6 and moved up and taken Ronnie Brown.

Release Hopkins and all problems solved!

smili said:
My thoughts too. It'd be interesting to see what % of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc rounders eventually endup on a roster and/or end up starting.
Most 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounders make the team I don't know the percentages but I'd guess about 99%.

Gunny said:
I hear Hill makes as many bad plays as good ones.

He does. That's why I don't think he's "easily outplayed" all those other guys. He's a nice find though, and I hope he can be a good starting CB for awhile.

Let's face it, these writers and commentators watch the highlights on ESPN, check the stats, and that's how they come up with this stuff. They see a few bad plays by pacman and they see that hill has a few ints, so they think he's easily outplayed him. I think it's a joke to be honest.

GoTitans said:
Let's face it, these writers and commentators watch the highlights on ESPN, check the stats, and that's how they come up with this stuff. They see a few bad plays by pacman and they see that hill has a few ints, so they think he's easily outplayed him. I think it's a joke to be honest.

if you take away Jones returns on punts and kickoffs and just compare their play on defense Hill wins hands down

Ewker said:
if you take away Jones returns on punts and kickoffs and just compare their play on defense Hill wins hands down
how? they've both given up tds by not tackling. hill is the one teams choose to pick on. remember the jacksonville game? the only thing i would say hill has that pacman doesnt at this point is better hands.

Ewker said:
Are you kidding? Do you watch the games? Man Pacmans cover skills are 5x better than Hills. Just because a few picks fell in his lap doesnt mean hes better than Pacman. Not to take anything away from Hill because hes playing great for a 7th round pick and he will only get better but to say he's out played Pac thats just stupid. Take away his return skills and maybe more people would notice how good of a cover corner he is becoming. With a comment like that it just makes you look like one of those ignorant reporters that just watches highlights and looks in the news and decides who the better player it is. This weekend make it a point to watch them in coverage and you will be surprized

GoTitans said:
If the titans had to do it over again, would they take pacman #6? I think he's shown flashes of why he was selected with the 6th pick. Hopefully he'll play on that level more consistently next season.

Or, would they take one of the linebackers (Merrimam, Thurman, Tatupa, Derrick Johnson)......

Hellblitzer said:
Nope...

They should have kept Dyson and packaged the third we blew on Henry with our #6 and moved up and taken Ronnie Brown.

Release Hopkins and all problems solved!

No, that would have been dumb, considering we had a running back who led the league in average per carry...but now is a different story...

TouchDown29 said:
Are you kidding? Do you watch the games? Man Pacmans cover skills are 5x better than Hills. Just because a few picks fell in his lap doesnt mean hes better than Pacman. Not to take anything away from Hill because hes playing great for a 7th round pick and he will only get better but to say he's out played Pac thats just stupid. Take away his return skills and maybe more people would notice how good of a cover corner he is becoming. With a comment like that it just makes you look like one of those ignorant reporters that just watches highlights and looks in the news and decides who the better player it is. This weekend make it a point to watch them in coverage and you will be surprized

I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back