Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
The coach of the Cinderella team of the NFL...I enjoyed watching them beat those damn Cowboys...(later on in the decade)...

Rest in Peace Coach. You earned it.

The coach of the Cinderella team of the NFL...I enjoyed watching them beat those damn Cowboys...(later on in the decade)...

Rest in Peace Coach. You earned it.
His record is in jeopardy with Bellicheck and Reid but both still have a ways to go, otherwise I think it has easily another decade or two.

Bellicheck has about 4 undefeated seasons in a row to get there, he’s a ways off.
I agree (actually worded the exact same way) but I think he’s still young enough to coach for another 10 years if he wanted. Vermeil was about 100.
Although, his team isn’t looking like the auto 10+ win team anymore.

Andy Reid is also close enough/young enough to possibly get there.

Outside those two, it will at least another 10 years before we’re even mentioning another coach with a shot.

Shula got me interested in the NFL. I remember a car commercial in the early ‘80s with him in it. Dolphins were my team for a couple decades. Rest In Peace, Don.

I agree (actually worded the exact same way) but I think he’s still young enough to coach for another 10 years if he wanted. Vermeil was about 100.
Although, his team isn’t looking like the auto 10+ win team anymore.

Andy Reid is also close enough/young enough to possibly get there.

Outside those two, it will at least another 10 years before we’re even mentioning another coach with a shot.
I’m not sure where Reid is at.

I just saw a graphic at work and we were talking about how Bill might not get there, depending on how they go forward without Brady of course.

Just puts into perspective how impressive Shula’s record is.

Total wins mean less than winning percentage. If you coach for 50 years and get more wins is that better?

Edit: number of games does matter obviously but even fisher if he came back is what ib the top 10 for wins?

Shula got me interested in the NFL. I remember a car commercial in the early ‘80s with him in it. Dolphins were my team for a couple decades. Rest In Peace, Don.
That 84’ season was incredible. I’ve only seen it from a history standpoint but I still see that Marino season as the greatest single season by a QB.

That 84’ season was incredible. I’ve only seen it from a history standpoint but I still see that Marino season as the greatest single season by a QB.
I saw it as a sperm. My dad had translucent balls and never wore pants so I got to see the greatness when I was -4 years old

I’m not sure where Reid is at.

I just saw a graphic at work and we were talking about how Bill might not get there, depending on how they go forward without Brady of course.

Just puts into perspective how impressive Shula’s record is.
Any time a coach takes 2 separate franchises to the top, I think that is impressive.
I’ve given Reid a bunch of crap over the years but there’s no doubt he had the Eagles at the top for years and has the Chiefs here too.

Different game for Shula’s era and of course he had Unitas but he had the dolphins competitive a long time.

He was another Jeff Fisher but actually really good at his job. As a Titans fan I have to respect that.
What does this even mean? If he was just another Fisher that would mean he sucked pretty bad... wich holds no truth to that.

Shula unlike Fisher knew how to play to players strengths.

What does this even mean? If he was just another Fisher that would mean he sucked pretty bad... wich holds no truth to that.

Shula unlike Fisher knew how to play to players strengths.
Well he became a fixture in the place he coached just like Fisher.

He was a player, just like Fisher.

He even coached a team that looks like a fish.

So Fisher

I'm guessing, but I think that Reid and Belichick would have to catch Landry first.
I think Belichick has a good chance since he’s already passed him. (273-250 regular season/ 304-270 adding postseason)

Reid still needs a few more years but the chiefs are currently built to get him pretty good numbers right now.

George Halas is the only other coach still ahead of Belichick.

Interesting note on career losses
Landry 178
Dan reeves 174
Shula 173
Our boy Fisher 171
so close to such a major milestone if he could just sucker one more team.

I think Belichick has a good chance since he’s already passed him. (273-250 regular season/ 304-270 adding postseason)

Reid still needs a few more years but the chiefs are currently built to get him pretty good numbers right now.

George Halas is the only other coach still ahead of Belichick.
I was guessing and didn't bother to google. Not that I am remotely a Cowgirlz fan, he just seems to have coached them forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back