Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
http://m.steelers.com/news/article-...chnology/411c9642-781a-4c46-b764-66867db975e6

Thought this was pretty cool.

I can see the many applications and this being a useful tool. From CBs/Safety's chasing it as WR to a moving tackling dummy to teach technique and pursuit.

Honestly can't believe this hasn't been a thing before now.
Basically looks like they put a dummy on top of a good RC car.

I'd like this to be a widespread thing in the NFL soon. The people who invented it are going to get filthy rich if/when this catches on and I think it will.

We have a couple of these on our defensive backfield and they pretty much have the same chance to catch or swat the ball down as well.

Looks like someone has to manually drive them around though, right?

They should be programmable, and you should be able to load an entire play book in them.

Then you could have 11 of those and make a whole team of practice robots.

They could be programmed to line up in formations, execute plays, ect. Might help the players recognize formations, route combinations, ect more quickly. It wouldn't replace watching tape or scout team, but could be a valuable aid to add in the toolbox

Looks like someone has to manually drive them around though, right?

They should be programmable, and you should be able to load an entire play book in them.

Then you could have 11 of those and make a whole team of practice robots.

They could be programmed to line up in formations, execute plays, ect. Might help the players recognize formations, route combinations, ect more quickly. It wouldn't replace watching tape or scout team, but could be a valuable aid to add in the toolbox

They're still in the testing phase. I'm sure if they want to go that deep in to it, making them programmable could be possibe down the road.

I kind of like the idea of it being controlled remotely though. It can be sped up or slowed or turned at will. That's more life like that just being programmed to do certain things without being able to "react" to the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back