Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
bob45x32 said:
I Dont Think You Can Comepare Reggie Bush To Anyone. He is the Most Complete College Back I hAveEver seen
Then you havent seen many. Reggie Bush is not a between the tackles runner. One of the best rescent all round college backs would have to be LT or DeAngelo Williams

LazyManJackson said:
Reggie Bush - Marshall Faulk

Tough call there, i would say he is more of a Curtis Martin type player

Curtis Martin would be one of the last players I compare Reggie to. Martin is NOWHERE near as quick, explosive, or versatile as Reggie. Marshall Faulk is the best comparison for him. Of course there's no guarantee that Reggie will be as great as Marshall was, but skillset wise, they are the most comparable.

LazyManJackson said:
Reggie Bush - Marshall Faulk

Tough call there, i would say he is more of a Curtis Martin type player

Marshall Faulk is the best comparison considering there is no one in the NFL except Faulk that would do Bush justice.

Curtis Martin is certainly a poor comparison. Not because Martin is a bad player but Bush is more a homerun threat and pas catcher. Martin is a solid grind it our RB. Martin ran for over 1600 yards in 2004 and only had 7 runs of over 20 yards. Bush is more like Faulk, a guy who could have about 1000 yards rushing and another 1000 yards receiving.

I know its kind of silly, but these comparisons kind of irritated me.

I see Young more as a more athletic Mcnair and I think Cutler is closer to Favre. I also dont see Brady in Lienart. Brady's arm is stronger and his attitude better.

These comparisons are silly anyway even if all these guys are as successful as the ones they are compared to, they are still going to be quite different and unique....:hmm:

bob45x32 said:
I Dont Think You Can Comepare Reggie Bush To Anyone. He is the Most Complete College Back I hAveEver seen

I think most people would disagree and say DeAngelo Williams who many thought was NFL Ready coming out of High School (if I'm not mistaken?)

thnom said:
I think most people would disagree and say DeAngelo Williams who many thought was NFL Ready coming out of High School (if I'm not mistaken?)

I think you are. DeAngelo was not one of the top tier backs coming out of high school.

Deangelo the most complete back ever!

Yes better than walter payton! Come on guys. The 2 most over rated players on these threads are cutler and williams. So what if they played college ball in tennessee.

How big is deangelo williams? Nfl draft countdown has him at 5'10 217(that's what his college listed him at) Not bad but great blue north has him at 5'8 208. I would rather have the 5'10 217 guy.

And what kind of 40 time will he have? 4.50 or 4.45? I have seen both numbers for him. I'll take the 4.45 guy.

See my point? If he is only 5'8 and runs a 4.5 40 he isn't worth a top 10 pick.

Did you guys see the offensive tackle comparisons? Let's draft the top 4!

And they really dissed your boy cutler. Compared him to loosman.

RollTide said:
Yes better than walter payton! Come on guys. The 2 most over rated players on these threads are cutler and williams. So what if they played college ball in tennessee.

How big is deangelo williams? Nfl draft countdown has him at 5'10 217(that's what his college listed him at) Not bad but great blue north has him at 5'8 208. I would rather have the 5'10 217 guy.

And what kind of 40 time will he have? 4.50 or 4.45? I have seen both numbers for him. I'll take the 4.45 guy.

See my point? If he is only 5'8 and runs a 4.5 40 he isn't worth a top 10 pick.

Did you guys see the offensive tackle comparisons? Let's draft the top 4!

And they really dissed your boy cutler. Compared him to loosman.

There is more to football than 40 times and weight. Williams has incredible vision and some good hands. Weight can be added realitively easily with out losing any speed.
Williams is a more complete back than Bush, but Bush is the homerun threat guy

I agree with the whole, keep 'em in Tennessee crap. I don't want any players from the state of Tennessee unless we get them as a value pick 20 spots later than they should've gone, that goes for any of the colleges in Tennessee! None of those guys know how to win and they know nothing about discipline.

Cutler, let someone else take that gamble. D'Angelo, I actually think he's going to be pretty good. Any UT chumps, just that, let the rest of the league draft them and get the rude awakening of babysitting.

Jwill1919 said:
Cutler, let someone else take that gamble.

just out of interest, what do you think of taking Vince Young then?
I would assume Young is more of a gamble then Cutler.
(I havent looked over previous posts if you have mentioned it, sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back