Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Guys, what position are we in on the second day of the draft, I mean what are we looking to do, tackle weaknesses, add depth, find a bargain player:))

I'm intrigued, IMO, I believe that we should get an O-Line player with our 4th round pick, that or a RB that has slipped down the draft right into our hands:winker:

Thoughts, opinions?

We draft BPA I think, it's hard to say who that would be. We probably pick up one additional DB and an O-lineman and a linebacker for special teams.

Mel Kiper Jr. on ESPN Motion (along with Chris Morterson and the other guy) have been discussing teams draft picks amongst themselves. He said the Titans have needs at RT, MLB, CB, (didn't mention S) and RB. He said they'll have to have a good draft; and every round after the 1st is "where they make their money" (they being the scouting staff).

LazyManJackson said:
How about nicking a ecent RB in the 4th rooudn eh, that would be great!

That or a decent O-Line player will be nice

Don't we still have the kid from Mizzou (5th rounder) from last year? He might be ready to break out, or at least get some clock. Then there's Sweetness Jr, too...

Lots of options in the later rounds, IMHO...Depth like crazy, maybe a chance pick - I'm sure someone will drop (a la Earnest Shazor last year)

Damien Nash. He was a character concern but I think he'll be ahead of Payton on the depth chart this year if he performs in work outs.

I think we most definatly go with the BPA... we have depth at CB (jones, hill, woolfolk, beckem, garderner.... i didnt say quality) so thats not neccessarily a need. We have alot of young depth at OL and i think its way to early to say stewart and loper arent the future at RT. We have depth at Saftey and hopefully Fuller will come a long.

We really need depth at LB... weve lost Kassel Calmus eventually Sirmon... can you name another LB and are any of the quality?

Da Architek said:
I think we most definatly go with the BPA... we have depth at CB (jones, hill, woolfolk, beckem, garderner.... i didnt say quality) so thats not neccessarily a need. We have alot of young depth at OL and i think its way to early to say stewart and loper arent the future at RT. We have depth at Saftey and hopefully Fuller will come a long.

We really need depth at LB... weve lost Kassel Calmus eventually Sirmon... can you name another LB and are any of the quality?

beckham probably won't be there..... waddell before gardner

We really don't need another 10+ draft picks again. There just aren't enough spots to fit them all....unless we uncharacteristically cut a few 3-5 rounders from the last two drafts. That said, I say use the (non-comp) picks in rounds 5-7 to move around on day one. Quality over Quantity should be the route.

What about DT? We really need another bad@zz to be next to haynesworth... starks and long seem to be more depth than fulltime starters

actually I would hold on for Starks, he had a good rookie season, then had a typical sophmore slump, so this may be his first real good season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back