Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Listening to the Denver Titans game on the radio and not being able to see the game, I have a rules question. At the end of the game, Wilson was sacked and coughed up the ball which was quickly covered by the Titans. The announcer on the radio said it was recovered by the Titans only to come back and say that the Broncos had the ball. If a Titan player recovers the fumble and has procession while on the ground, is that not Down by Contact?

Listening to the Denver Titans game on the radio and not being able to see the game, I have a rules question. At the end of the game, Wilson was sacked and coughed up the ball which was quickly covered by the Titans. The announcer on the radio said it was recovered by the Titans only to come back and say that the Broncos had the ball. If a Titan player recovers the fumble and has procession while on the ground, is that not Down by Contact?

Yeah head scratcher with that call. I still don't understand how we were not given the ball on that play.

Here's a link to the game if you are interested.
https://nflreplay.net/denver-broncos-vs-tennessee-titans-13-nov-2022-replay-full-game/

Respectfully
AFC46.

Technically yes. The player is down and that team should get possession. But it is almost never ruled that way. You need clear possession away from other players fighting for the ball to be awarded. In a situation where there are multiple players in the vicinity, It tends to be whoever comes out of the pile with the ball is awarded possession.

It looked like he recovered from one angle, but on the other angle you could see the ball outside of his possession and the Denver player brought it in.

He didn't recover it. He flopped on the ball and it squirted out of his arms. It was clear as day that it wasn't recovered by the Titans, although it should have been. Even Wilson thought it was as he walked to the sideline.

wilson somehow got the ball back in the pile... guess there is a reason they play D... they did show reverse angle and the big man did not secure the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back