Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: With Titans Coach Jeff Fisher stressing the return to the running game, one of the top areas of interest entering training camp will be on who will get the bulk of the carries and whether or not the approach will be focused on one back or if a two or three RB system will be used. Chris Brown, entering his final contract year, is the current starter. Travis Henry, after a disappointing '05 season, will look for more work and rookie LenDale White will try to show he is the future at RB. Behind them is Jarrett Payton, Damien Nash and rookie Quinton Ganther who will fight just to make the final 53-man roster. Brown still carries the injury issues which have hampered him most his career. He'll need to stay healthy in order to have the Titans invest in him long-term. Henry needs show the was worthy of a third-round pick or '06 may be his final season. White in an unknown but how he performs will have a large impact on the futures of both Brown and Henry with the Titans.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

Just watch, someone is going to get traded or cut and are going to get significant playing time somewhere else. The backfield is so deep that everybody wont get a chance to show what they are made of.

So we've had WR, CB and now RB where apparently we are all set.

We should start a contest - pick the headline for tomorrow's article:

"D-line looking for breakout season"

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5776936

Don't know if anyone else saw this. I started reading it expecting us to be in the top half. Sorry to ruin the surprise, but we're not.

Not trying to say this is some all knowing, all telling ranking, but it at least provides some support that teams won't be knocking down our door trying to get at one of our three superstar RBs...

GoTitans3801 said:
Not trying to say this is some all knowing, all telling ranking, but it at least provides some support that teams won't be knocking down our door trying to get at one of our three superstar RBs...
There is too much baggage with Brown and Henry right now for either to get a lot of value, IMO. Brown has shown he can get the job done but until he stays on the field, no one is going to offer him the big deal.

I don't think anyone would give up more than a five for Henry until he shows a lot more.

Nash hasn't shown anyone anything so he has no value and might not even make the Titans roster.

Teams like Seattle and San Diego are one injury away from dropping below the Titans on this list. Also putting Indy above us is ridiculous IMO. Brown and Henry have had 1000+ yard years and Addai has no better chance of success than White.

If Brown stays healthy then he's our man, if he gets injured then he may be as good as gone after this season...but i believe that if this season he stays healthy then he will get some sort of long term deal done, Henry most likely will be the one of the 3 cut or traded after this season

there is no way that we are going to get rid of lendale, we just drafted him, i think it would be a nice two back system with brown, and white

Our poor ranking of running backs is much more about our Oline than the ability of Brown, Henry and White. Put Brown or Henry behind KC's offensive line and they would have a much higher ranking. I still believe Munch and his guys are the difference between a very average to poor season or a much beter year than most of us expect.

GoTitans3801 said:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5776936

Don't know if anyone else saw this. I started reading it expecting us to be in the top half. Sorry to ruin the surprise, but we're not.

Ouch. That is just rabid raw. We are the Direct TV turkeys! I wish FOX NEWS would come out the the Conference suck POLL. Every news writer and columist is going to put us right at #16 in the bottom of the toilet, soak and wet laying on the surface of the porcelain right underneath that that big brown turd with the icon of a horned bull on it. :flush: Their NFC poll would be very interesting.:hmm:
It's one thing to bring in a rookie running back that draws comparisons to some of the greatest backs in NFL history. It's quite another to bring in a guy who careened down the draft boards due to an injury at his pro day, a bit of a perceived attitude problem, and a general inability to push away from the table. That doesn't mean LenDale White is no good. It means that he's no lock to be good. And since Chris Brown and Travis Henry are pretty much locks to be about average, the Titans look unlikely to have a particularly good group of running backs this year.
I mean think about... This team has taken such a beating in the media it seems like, even when they (the Titans) are not in it. (the media) or whatever... plug your own pro nouns on that, I'm just saying... starting to feel the red headed syndrome over here. Are we all in denile? Somebody pass me some kool aid. ;)

fltitan said:
Our poor ranking of running backs is much more about our Oline than the ability of Brown, Henry and White. Put Brown or Henry behind KC's offensive line and they would have a much higher ranking. I still believe Munch and his guys are the difference between a very average to poor season or a much beter year than most of us expect.

Agreed 100%. We've got 3 power backs (counting Flemming) and a speed back in our arsenal. I don't know how to categorize Ganther, because I know nothing about him. Last year, I felt that we had plenty of talent in the backfield to do the job. Blocking for the talent was the issue. Unless Mawae, Pillar, and Olsen are going to do some major pushing and shoving, I don't see Brown being anymore successful this year. The Tackles are the critical position to work on right now. We've got experience flowing from our ears in the middle of the line. I am just worried about the outside run capabilities. You need that to be able to develop when using a speed back, like Brown.

I would almost bet that White will have a better NFL career than Addai. IMO Indy would have been better off taking White because a power back balances their offense and they already have Rhodes. Lets hope so.

Titansfan10 said:
If Brown stays healthy then he's our man,
i hope not. i dont like the idea of giving a guy the big bucks because he stayed healthy for one season. so he stayed healthy for a fourth of his career, big whoop. he was still injured for 3/4 of it.

CB will not get "big bucks" for the reason you stated.

I say the Titans run him till he breaks then he is an UFA and leaves the Titans.

So what if Brown gets and extension. Reese isn't stupid. If they keep Brown Reese will not overpay him. If Brown gets overpaid it will be with another team, not with the Titans.

I really want White to beat out Henry for the #2 spot as long as he has the drive and determination to do it.

Brown will not get a mega beas n honey deal unless he can be a 1200-1500 yard rusher that isn't affected by injury at all this season, which I think will happen (I'm totally cereal).

that would be a dream come true for our fanchise right now, if he could get on that track, and then when hes tired bring in lendale to pound out the hard yards, it looks beautiful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back