Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: Many members of the Tennessee Titans have much to gain or lose depending on how they perform during training camp and the preseason. Coach Fisher has made it clear a number of positions will be up for grabs. Among those players who need a big camp is WR Tyrone Calico who is entering a contract year. Calico wasn't the same last season after double knee surgery in '03. CB Andre Woolfolk, a first-round selection in '03 has had an injury-filled career and not lived up to expectation. He'll compete for the nickel position against Vincent Fuller. DE Antwan Odom showed flashes during the '05 preseason only to have his play drop off during the regular season. He will compete with Travis LaBoy for playing time and needs to take his game to the next level.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

I dont think either will be here much into the future, i could see us looking for a DE sometime soon in next years draft or in free agency next season...

I heard a while back that LaBoy was learning alot from KVB and taking after his intense focus in the practices. Maybe, we'll see KVB and LaBoy in the pro-bowl this year. :brow:

What's with this trend of posters predicting two players from the same position going to the pro bowl? Come on people, not going to happen, especially for a small market team. Can't we just keep it believable and say "hopefully we can have two great <insert position> this year"?

I was joking... We all know that it will probably be Freeney and KVB again... and Mario Williams on the inside. Again, just kidding.

i have to say odom really let me down last year. he was unblockable in the preseason. i thought he was going to have double digit sacks.

My only real disappointment from our DEs last season was that KVB had two sacks taken away by penalties against the Colts. Those would have been nice, it sucks when they're negated.

okay you're right but im a little misunderstood there, what im really aiming at is i REALLY hope that he doesn't drop off, i want him to go out and show everyone it wasn't a fluke. That what i really mean

Titansfan10 said:
okay you're right but im a little misunderstood there, what im really aiming at is i REALLY hope that he doesn't drop off, i want him to go out and show everyone it wasn't a fluke. That what i really mean

That sounds much better. :winker:

I think a lot of people are underestimating the impact of KVB's influence on his teammates.

In camp last year, teammates watched him with an almost bemused fascination. "Doesn't this guy realize it's just training camp? He's gonna wear himself out before preseason is over." Of course, when all was said and done, KVB was the one guy who showed up strong week in and week out, while the other guys struggled to keep up.

After his success last year, VandenBosch is clearly one of the most respected team leaders this year. I believe the entire D-line will follow his example, and dive headfirst into his relentless, nonstop work ethic. LaBoy bought into it last year, and it showed in his play over the last half of the season. Just imagine what will happen when the rest of the guys follow suit....Odom could become another Simeon Rice. Haynesworth has had stretches of dominance....if he could do it consistently, he'd be a shoo-in for the Pro Bowl. Guys like Starks and Mahelona have plenty of potential....KVB's influence could transform them into absolute beasts.

These younger players have now seen firsthand the kind of drive and commitment it takes to succeed in the NFL, courtesy of Kyle VandenBosch. The ball is in their court now....they can get with the program, or they can be replaced. And I have a sneaking suspicion what their choice will be.

I really hope you are right, nine. Odom and Haynesworth in particular would REALLY benefit from this . Starks would too, to a lesser degree. All three have enormous potential. The real knock on each of them is drive, not ability. If KVB infects this young group of DLs, this team will explode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back