Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
If the Texans take Mario Williams with the first pick of the draft and Bush is available at #2, should Reese move up to get him?

At the minimum, it would cost the Titans second-rounder (#39) though they might get the Saints fourth-round (#104) in return. That may not be a guarantee if there is a bidding war.

I just cant see us doing it. If we still had our third, maybe, but I just cant imagine Floyd only making one day 1 pick. Especially with us needing to address QB.

Obviously they should "try".
I wouldn't throw away the draft for it however. I would assume the Saints would insist on our 2nd rounder. If they are willing to take our 4th I'd pull the trigger. Bush is a once in a lifetime player.

I'd be very tempted to do it. It would hurt to not be able to get someone in the second or third but think what Chow could do with Bush in his offense. McNair might play another three years.

Would you trade Leinart & Jackson for Bush? Would you trade Young & Jackson for Bush? You have to almost look at this as a 2-for-1 deal.

TitanJeff said:
I'd be very tempted to do it. It would hurt to not be able to get someone in the second or third but think what Chow could do with Bush in his offense. McNair might play another three years.

I agree about McNair.... IF he restructures.

Is he angling for money or starting time? If it's money, I don't think signing Bush helps his case any. If it's starting time, it definitely does help.

The question becomes, do you have to move, because the Saints have no reason to draft him. If they can't get anything, they may have to pass on him too. There's no point in them drafting Bush. Just like the Texans had no real reason to draft him ( so to speak ). He could easily fall to us.

Now if I had to trade or lose him, I think I'd do it. But I'd think real hard, cause Vince Young is once in a lifetime too. You're in a win-win. Either pick is a great move for the health of the franchise. Leinart isn't worth it anymore in my opinion. If you can get Young or Bush you have to do it. You have to give the fans one or the other. You gotta give them the hype. Leinart just got bumped in my opinion. There is too much talent on the board now.

KamikaZ said:
Nope. I would be angry as hell if Reece gave up a second round pick to move one spot.

same.

I'd run the streets naked if we got Bush @ 3, but I dont mind who we get unless it is a reach or Leinart.

My only worry with getting Bush at 2 or 3 is that we still have no guarantees with McNair. What do we do then, draft Kellen Clemmons in the 2nd? Best thing to me is NO realizes they can't afford Bush at 2, especially with Deuce on the roster, and take Ferguson, their other top player. Then we can trade Bush for a slew and get a QB, hopefully one of our top two.

He absolutely will not be there at 3. There is just no scenario that NO says to themselves, "Hey, we could get the widely regarded number one player on everyone's board at a position where we have an injury prone getting older player or trade the pick to the Jets and still get the number one player we actually need (Ferguson or Hawk), but I think we'll just pass on all that and take Ferguson or Hawk here instead".

I think everyone needs to keep in perspective that Bush could still not be a HOF player. I know that is shocking, but it happens almost yearly. Hell, he might not even make a pro bowl. He could even be the next KiJana Carter. We can't know for a few more years. I think it's very rare that a running back is worth picking in the top 10 at all, much less doing so at the expense of more picks. I say we hope he drops to 3. Then, if no one is willing to give up significantly more than market value for him, we make a close call to draft him or whoever else we have number one on our board.

I say forget about Bush and concentrate on picking a QB with the number 3 pick. Why do we need another RB, especially one who some say isn't even a "every down type of back". Go out there and draft Vince Young and take care of that problem.

I think I said it before, but if we trade up one slot for Bush it will be an even worse move than what Ditka did for Ricky.

I say let NO draft Bush, they need a successor to Deuce anyway and at least he won't even be in our conference.

Duece is in his prime. They won't draft Bush.

However if the Saint covert Ferguson and we really want Bush, I would just ring up the Saints and tell them if they trade the #2 pick we will take Ferguson.

See if they take the bait.

Gunny said:
Duece is in his prime. They won't draft Bush.

He's 27, only played 5 games last year, and the year before only just managed 1000 yards. In his prime?

Domanick Davis has had more success than Deuce the last 2 years, so Texans should draft Bush and NO shouldn't? Tosh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back