Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
His $25 million towards this years cap is just crazy... Imagine what we can do with that money... I say we rebuild a kickass defense like the one we had back in 2001-2002. Release McNair, draft a QB on 1st round, let Volek start this season until the rookie QB matures...

What do you think, guys??

i think it depends. If we were to get leinhart and already knew it ahead of time then i would say yeah. but for young id say no. for cutlur id also say no

titanduck77 said:
i think it depends. If we were to get leinhart and already knew it ahead of time then i would say yeah. but for young id say no. for cutlur id also say no

A decision on McNair does not have to be made before the draft so we can wait to see who we draft. I agree that if we draft Leinart (or even Cutler)our options are better than if we Young simply because we have to consider the amount of time it will take to get a QB ready to take over.
Although I would be against cutting McNair at this point alot depends on McNair's salary demands and how it will hit the CAP in future years. At this point we would be better off keeping McNair the one year and moving on with McNair off the books.

titanduck77 said:

I agree.

McMVP should take the paycut and play one more year as a starter for the Titans then become the Million dollar backup man on a year to year basis.

If you can restructure Mac, then you have a nice tutor for whomever comes in, and save perhaps more than 10 mil (plus you keep the "Face of the franchise" around). If not, then he sticks for one more year, we go 8-8, and then get to the playoffs next season, a la Cincy.

In other words, no cutty

I'd like to have him this year, no matter who we draft, but I don't like it sticking us next year... If we restructure, I still don't think we can get around most of that hit, is that right SK?

As it is now McNair is off the books after this year. The only way to save on the CAP is for McNair to either agree to a straight salary reduction this year, lowering the 10 million to whatever he agrees to or restructuring where he gets more upfront money spread over two or three years. McNair has already made it clear he will not take a straight reduction so spreading the current and future CAP money over the next couple of years seems to be the only option.

Restructure Mac's contract, I think he have to restructure and create a win-win situation with the team that has showed him loyalty over the years, he is loyal too and I don't think Mac would like to finish his career in another uniform.

If we release him, it won't be until after the draft. If we get Young we won't release him, but if we take Leinart or Cutler we could release him.

Mex#1TitanFan said:
Restructure Mac's contract, I think he have to restructure and create a win-win situation with the team that has showed him loyalty over the years, he is loyal too and I don't think Mac would like to finish his career in another uniform.

How about Mac showing some loyalty and playing for 5 mil the next two years. We can use the extra 5 mil to sign Givens if Mac wants a better WR.

pigs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back