Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Gotcha... good morning. Ok. We're not quite there... (calm down Ewker) ...
for the sake of argument... McNair has been released. What do you do with that extra money? Half or so of that 24,25 Million on the cap can still be spent?
Ok, what do you do with 10+ million dollars in FA with no McNair...?

Might as start talking about it because every day it looks more and more as if it could happen. Sure, it's out there... but is it as out there as you may of thought even a month ago? What do you do with more cap room, no vet qb, a Volek and a ... screw him (MM)... he doesn't count. I'd rather play Gunny at qb. Arghhh!!! I wish I would have gone to bed instead of hearing about this.
:sleepy: :( :geek:

Use the money to pay down the cap in future seasons. Extend contracts this year and throw in likely to be earned incentives that will save cap room in the future.

Is there anyone worth extending on the roster? 20-30 guys have one or two years experience and let's face it, there are not (m)any Pro Bowl guys in that group. I know you're gonna probably say Hanesworth....I find it amazing that we cut/did not re-sign alot of good players (Kearse, Mason, Rolle, and now probably Mcnair) to keep an underachiever like Fat Albert. Seems ironic to me....wait, its pretty sad actually.

Sometimes a player can't be released, say they just signed a 5 year contract with a 20m bonus (Thigpen) if the player is released then all the bonus money comes into the current year and blows up the CAP. Titan could not have released Haynesworth as I am pretty certain it would have been a huge CAP hit.

Kearse was let go so the Titans could sign Carter and Hopkins if I remember correctly. Mason and Rolle were FA losses if I remember correctly and McMVP is still a Titan he just don't get to play any reindeer games till he signs a new contract.

Albert is on his rookie contract still, cutting him wouldnt have made much affect towards either rolle/mason/kearse.

Plus he is the best DT we have by far.

Haynesworth was a mid lst rounder so his bonus would have been a good one probably 1m+ per year of the contract.

I think he has extended but I am not positive.

I agree FA, when he plays, is a force. Won't ever forget that Unnecessary Roughness call he got for spiking Zeroue in the squeeler backfield. WTF Fat Albert got called for tackling a squeeler too hard - its an injustice!

I'd like to sign law if he'd come down to 6 or 7 million instead of 10. If we got him locked in for two or three years, Pac Man and Hill would be real vets by the time he was gone, and we'd have a seriously solid secondary.

I'm sure we could find a few players to restructure and resign as SK suggested too...

$10m?

We only save $4.4M if we dump mcnair. That's on the cap.

Starkiller brought up an interesting point though. Both bennett and brown's contracts run out after 2006, haynesworth after 2007. Would be nice to use some money to keep them around a couple more years.

RollTide said:
We only save $4.4M if we dump mcnair. That's on the cap.

Starkiller brought up an interesting point though. Both bennett and brown's contracts run out after 2006, haynesworth after 2007. Would be nice to use some money to keep them around a couple more years.

McNair is nearly 24M on the cap, his base salary is 9M.

GoT said:
Kearse was let go so the Titans could sign Carter and Hopkins if I remember correctly. Mason and Rolle were FA losses if I remember correctly

You dont remember correctly. Rolle and Mason were both still under contract and were released. And Bulluck was the one we signed to an extension after we let Kearse go.

i am very disgusted with the way that the titans slaped mac in the face by saying he is not welcome to work out at their facility?! WHAT? AFTER ALL THIS MAN HAS GIVEN TO THIS ORGANIZATION AND THIS IS THE WAY TO TREAT HIM! you know, what? release him BUT I WILL STAND BEHIND STEVE, BECAUSE I AM ALSO A MCNAIR FAN, AND I BELIEVE THAT HE HAS TWO GOOD YEARS LEFT, AND WHEN WE RELEASE HIM, HE IS GONNA MAKE US REGRET IT, DEARLY! WATCH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back