Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
I was wondering what the record for a winning/lossing streak is over a divisonal opponet...since FA, the strike, the merger ect... pretty much whatever. It would be nice to figure out the longest per division... cenral/north/south aside... anyone know of any legendary winning streaks over a division foe?

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ?

first guess would be bungles vs other teams in old Central, then the BUCS in NFCW - but I think they were in AFCW in 76 so maybe not them. Then I would guess the Cards against other NFCE teams might not be pretty.

Starkiller has a good one..

In their 2nd matchup in 1984 the bears lost to the packers. The bears were so desperate at the QB position they actually played walter payton there for a while. The bears proceded to beat the packers twice every year for the next 4 years, 8 straight finally losing to the pack in game one in 1989.

The record of those bear teams over that 4 year time was 15-1, 14-2, 11-5 and 12-4. Not unlike the colts today who have lost just 10 regular season games in three seasons.

Didn't the Cowboys beat the Cardinals something like 17 times in a row, starting in the early 90's?

Edit: my bad....it was 13 times in a row, and 16 out of 17.

Think I might have found something, here:

September 7: Buffalo Bills ended their NFL record 20-game losing streak to a single opponent when they defeated Miami, 17-7, at Rich Stadium.

So the Dolphins beat the Bills twenty times in a row!

Man, that's a lot of pent-up frustration, there.

TitanFan62702 said:
The Colts won't own us until they beat us in a playoff game.
lt-owned-03.jpg

Look man, I love to diss on "Master P" just as much as the next guy, maybe more...here's how you know you are owned...when you read the front page of gotitans.com during Colts week and the Colts are referred to as "our horsie overlords"...that's a pretty good indicator. :sad2:

Having grown up a Chief fan I recall the "Marty" period during the mid 80 to mid 90 where the Chiefs beat the Raiders something like 14 in a row. I have a friend, a lifetime "faider fan" whom had to buy me and my family dinners so much during that time that I do believe he could have legitimately "claimed" us as dependents on his taxes.:ha:

The great thing about being "Owned" by a division rival; you get two chances a year for redemption.

BTW, You can't beat a team in the playoffs until you make the playoffs.:ha:

All that stuff aside, the Titans have the makings of a nice team in the future. A QB like Vince Young will help. I think the Titans are two years away from playoff contenders. So, 2008 could be your year. That is about the time the Colts will begin their downhill turn.

Richard

Soooooooooooo the Colts own the Titans. That's good to know because they have been delinquent on their payments. If my calculations are correct, their last installment was back in 1999. Soooooooo 26x $100,000.00, plus penalties of 15% compounded monthly, minus maintance fees..........Let's just call it a cool million. Send cash, money order, personal check, heck, I'll even take PAYPAL, to;
Dr. Fitantitans
One Titans Way
Nashville TN

Twelfth Man said:
The great thing about being "Owned" by a division rival; you get two chances a year for redemption.

BTW, You can't beat a team in the playoffs until you make the playoffs.:ha:

All that stuff aside, the Titans have the makings of a nice team in the future. A QB like Vince Young will help. I think the Titans are two years away from playoff contenders. So, 2008 could be your year. That is about the time the Colts will begin their downhill turn.

Richard
I have a feeling I am going to like you.
buddy_ebsen.jpg

You come back now! 'Ya hear?!

I haven't read this whole thread yet, so someone may have mentioned it, but I know for a fact that Miami went the entire decade of the 70's without a loss to Buffalo. 20 - 0.

Bills fans are still fuming about that one. :ha:

remember that old commercial where that Fish fan in Buffalo is walking aroung town and everybody is throwing snowballs at him, vandelizing his home and car and verbally abusing him. Can't remember what the commercial was selling but it was funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back