Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't say he was arrested. It's possible the noise (I'd be making a lot of noise after that...) made a neighbor call the police.

lastbeer.jpg

Possibly because he got out of the car. I'm not exactly sure of the situation here, but if you get pulled over for speeding (as an example), you stay in your seat.

It's generally not a good idea to appear at all threating to the police...

Let's go a step further than just making stupidity illegal, let's sterilize the stupid. Well maybe not. We'd miss out on a lot of good laughs.

Please don't read too deep into this

Bobo said:
Let's go a step further than just making stupidity illegal, let's sterilize the stupid. Well maybe not. We'd miss out on a lot of good laughs.
You know if we did sterilize based on the intelligence criteria we would be on the brink of extinction. Plus, I figure if you're clever enough to get laid then natural selection must be a good enough process. Besides, there are way too many unpleasent jobs that must be taken care of in order for society to function. Do you really want some kinda super genius going through your trash every Wednesday? I don't shred documents, but I should. Could you imagine what would happen if everyone were super smart all of a sudden? Nothing would get done because everybody would be telling somebody else to do it until it filtered down to nobody at all.
(it's just a theory)

-but here's some research for those interested.
Over 25 years ago Leilani Muir was informed that she would never be able to conceive a child. Unbeknownst to her, at the age of fourteen she had been sterilized under the authority of an Act of the Alberta government. The Sterilization of Leilani Muir (a film) entwines Muir’s personal search for justice with the background story of eugenics, a respected “science” during the early decades of the 20th century. Eugenicists believed hereditary qualities of a race could be improved and physical mental disabilities could be eradicated by controlling reproduction. In 1928, the Alberta government, supported by some of its most prominent members, passed a Sterilization Act. By the time the act was repealed in 1972, the lives of nearly 3,000 individuals were irreparably changed. Included in the wide net of people considered “unfit” to bear children were new immigrants, alcoholics, epileptics, unwed mothers, the poor, and Native American people. While eugenics has now fallen into disrepute, repercussions on the lives of Albertans afflicted by its impact continue to be played out in the province’s courtroom.
facinghistorycampus.org
A Brief History of Eugenics

Francis Galton conceived of the idea of eugenics in 1883, eugenics coming from the Greek and meaning "well born" or "good origin" (depending on where you look).

Galton combined his cousin Charles Darwin's ideas and current ideas of heredity. What Galton saw as necessary was a form of artificial selection, which he called eugenics. "Eugenics is the study of agencies under social control that may improve or impair the racial qualities of future generations, whether physically or mentally," Galton stated.

By 1931, eugenicists had convinced twenty-seven American states to enact sterilization laws, which barred "flawed" individuals from reproducing. By 1935, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland and Germany had followed. Eventually more than 30 U.S. states would practice it, as well as Alberta and B.C.

When Hitler became interested in eugenics, and began implementing it in 1935, we all know what followed. It was used against what were viewed as genetic defects, including those who were deaf, blind, mute, disabled, or homosexual.

The most interesting, non-racist, site out there appears to be EUGENICS WATCH. Check out their site for information on a whole variety of important topics, including eugenics.
canadiancontent.ca/issues/

What strikes me as interesting in all that I have read and educated myself on this topic this today is that I, although intelligent:suspect: do fall into the category of "mentally disabled by heredity". Had bipolar disorder been diagnosed in those jurisdictions mentioned in the text, might I been subjected to the Sterilzation Act? Who is to say that the world would be a better place if I were not to procreate? I've got a perfectly happy, bouncing baby boy and my world is way better for him being in it.:)

Also, my station in life, although noble, is not for everyone. Some people are not cut out to work at a desk, others couldn't work as a electrical lineman. Some people can do calculus in their head yet cannot hammer a simple nail. I do agree with the majority, Bobo included - If it were not for the stupid ones we'd miss out on a lot of good laughs.

stupidpeople.jpg

:ha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back