Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
let me state for the record, ours suck.

the speakers in the north endzone are off, many of the lights are out, (who uses lights these days anyway?) and the screen is simply a puny joke.

Check out the jumbotron is Seattle. Baltimore is not too bad either.

They have said they plan to upgrade ours in a few years, but yes it does suck compared to other new stadiums. Still, that's one reason why our stadium was relatively inexpensive (as NFL stadiums go).

Bud didn't pay for our stadium. Owners don't build their own stadiums, they convince cities and states to build it for them...

the city would end up with the bill inevitably, but I think it is budgeted by the Nashville Sports Council, or Authority.

Kind of like when Bud installed all of the barricades that look like planters all around the stadium, and then sent the bill to Metro.

Starkiller said:
Owners don't build their own stadiums, they convince cities and states to build it for them...

Not always. Robert Kraft built his own stadium. Paul Allen paid for about a third of Qwest Field.

Just be glad that your stadium isn't built like Fenway.

1119017844_3356.jpg

Red Sox fans are crazy, I am sure it is worth quite a bit.

Seattle's stadium is amazing, our jumbotron sucks, it really seems like the Titans are stuck in the '98 and '99's.

Hellblitzer said:
i'd much rather see us(tax payers) upgrade the collisium then pay for a baseball park that isnt a sure thing by any means.
I'd just assume build a decent (not overly expensive) AAA baseball park. Greer is a disgrace.

I agree, build but don't overspend. We really need another AAA park and considering the ball games would bring people downtown during a part of the year when there is no football or hockey it would be a good deal for the city IMO. It certainly would look better than that ugly clump of ground that is there now.

not if we build just a AAA baseball park, were going to have to come out of pocket more money to make it MLB adaptable. Honestly I dont think the property will make an ideal MLB park, there is just not enough of it.

Haynesworth92 said:
Is there any chance Nashville will get a pro baseball team some time in the future?
Not any time soon. Nashville can't possibly support a MLB team. Hell Miami can't even adequately support a MLB team.

Spending extra money on a AAA stadium that is expandable into a MLB park is a massive waste of money. By the time (if ever) Nashville became a viable MLB city, we'd need a new stadium all over again...

I agree. Our scoreboards are garbage. Everyone else has the wide screen look and we have some crappy square thing. Come on now everyone knows theres no such thing as square tvs anymore. We need a wide screen. I will agree to spend some of my tax dollars on a new scoreboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back