Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Oilers played in the Liberty Bowl in Memphis and played in Dudley Field on the Vanderbilt campus. The Titans then moved into Adelphia Coliseum for the 1999 season. Adelphia dropped its sponsorship and the Coliseum has not had a sponsor since.

Adelphia was scandel ridden was it not? The Coliseum got to keep that money I think...isn't that why there is no sponsership on it currently? I honestly don't know.

When Adelphia could not pay its yearly fee, their name came down. The Titans have shopped the deal to many but the bloom seems to be off corporate naming rights. However, Nissan is moving its National Headquarters to Nashville and their top of the line truck is now called the "Titan". Would seem like a perfect match. I know Bridgestone/Firestone has turned down an offer. I too, like "The Coliseum"

PhiSlammaJamma said:
They are all bidding on the naming rights to Brad Pitt's love Child with the womb Raider.
croft.jpg

I still call it the Hole.
I never liked the Colliseum because it had Nashville flavor, Athens of the South. This team is a Tennessee team and should be recognized as such. I delieve that if the team carried more of a state wide theme that we could draw in more of Memphis and Knoxville.
________
Marijuana vaporizer

fitantitans said:
. . . This team is a Tennessee team and should be recognized as such. I delieve that if the team carried more of a state wide theme that we could draw in more of Memphis and Knoxville.
The same way the Grizzlies are a state team? Then they should be the Tennessee Grizzlies, not the Memphis Grizzlies.

Memphis had its shot at our team, and attendance was so poor that it moved to Vanderbilt.

Hummmm

Sunshine said:
The same way the Grizzlies are a state team? Then they should be the Tennessee Grizzlies, not the Memphis Grizzlies.

Memphis had its shot at our team, and attendance was so poor that it moved to Vanderbilt.
I don't think they had a shot at the Oilers. They blew their chance of keeping them in Memphis for a couple of years but never as a fixture. Since Nashville was selected over Memphis, Memphis has since showed its backside towards the team. It would be great to rename the Titans, "The Nashville-Chattanooga-Knoxville TITANS."
I care nothing about basketball in Nashville. If you remember back a few years, we took a shot at buying the Timberwolves and it never panned out.
________
Voyeur xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back