Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
This was the game we were all hoping for, and we needed.

it put the NFL on notice that if you sell out to stop Henry, we can still get it done, and get it done damn hard.

Statement game for the offense in the first half.. Offense didn't really do too much in the second half, for the reason we were up big. Great job of milking the clock though.

I think the statement came from the defense today. Defense literally played lights out. If this defense can sustain this, we will be a team to be reckoned with.

Great effort and coaching on both sides of the ball. Making sure we got a TD using the Henry pass for example showed they were prepared. Also had Dane Cruikshank playing Kelsey man on man and he did a great job. At 6'1 and fast he was able to stay with him all over the field. We got pressure with only a 4 man rush so were able to put 7 in coverage which really helped. Finally got some play from Dupree and if he keeps getting better this defense can be real good.

Still can't believe a lot of pundits not buying Titans for real. Knocking THill- "slight regression".

Crazy because he hasn't had Julio and AJB on the field same time much at all and we're running the BDH offense. THill will tuck and run for a 1st down or TD when it counts. He's had 5 INT's, 3 I believe from defections.

Still can't believe a lot of pundits not buying Titans for real. Knocking THill- "slight regression".

Crazy because he hasn't had Julio and AJB on the field same time much at all and we're running the BDH offense. THill will tuck and run for a 1st down or TD when it counts. He's had 5 INT's, 3 I believe from defections.

I'm seeing quite the opposite. We are top ten in most power rankings I've seen done on various shows, and I've seen at least half a dozen shows ask either “are the Titans the best in the afc” or “are the Titans true contenders” and the answer has pretty overwhelmingly been “they're certainly in the conversation” or some such.

Some acknowledged that we are slowly getting healthier and that we have a new OC and that the best may be yet to come.

I have zero issue with the coverage I've seen this week.

How was the coverage after the Jet's loss? Going into the Bills game no one gave us a chance and after that game we had the same record as them. Going into the Chief's game most thought we would lose that one. So yea, after we absolute spank the Chiefs and make Mahommes look pedestrian then maybe, maybe we might be a decent team (had a CB starting in that game who was basically 5th string).

Also, everyone buys into the thinking we are a one man band with Henry but in reality, as good as he is, we don't need him to carry the ball 30 times to win. That would also be my only criticism of the OC this game. We had McNichols and Evans available and Blasingame. Find ways to utilize these other guys especially when the game is one sided. They can all catch well so quick passes can also be used. I don't think our offense misses a beat if Henry only gets 20 carries a game.

I'm seeing quite the opposite. We are top ten in most power rankings I've seen done on various shows, and I've seen at least half a dozen shows ask either “are the Titans the best in the afc” or “are the Titans true contenders” and the answer has pretty overwhelmingly been “they're certainly in the conversation” or some such.

Some acknowledged that we are slowly getting healthier and that we have a new OC and that the best may be yet to come.

I have zero issue with the coverage I've seen this week.

i like it when they don’t get media attention they tend to get big heads the following week if they do and come out flat.

Stephen A Smith, Keyshawn Johnson
“Lamar Jackson had a bad game, just a blip”
“Patrick Mahomes had a bad game, just a blip”

“Ryan Tannehill had a great game highest QBR, just a blip”

Really tired of a particular bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back