Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Yesterday was a monster drop in the Dow Jones and nasdaq.

What I did learn about in the aftermath is what’s called “the Vix” or basically what is referred to as a fear index.

This stock has had massive increase in 2008, 2020, and yesterday.
(google Vix stock, select max, you’ll see the trends).

Does anyone know about this and should we be expecting another massive stock drop over the next couple months or more?

To be clear, not asking stock advice. I don’t buy/sell based on forums. More of a question on like 401Ks.

Not much to say other than a significant loss. In 2008 had recently started my career, and i put massive amounts into the market as it was on sale. Only thing popping for me now is gold and crypto. Not even close to needing to worry about drawing off investments. Take gambles and there ya go. Lost a shirt on Rumble, but hopping back in soon. Just sold the loss to write it off and and sit on getting back even which is close now. Wealth isn’t really in money.. it’s possessions in actual things such as tools, property, weapons etc. Cash is useless when chit hits the fan. I expect more selling off in the near future. Could be quite large.

without a doubt federalies been purposefully lying about labor market ... significantly

the july report forced everyone to acknowledge the gaslighting

I expect volatility for rest of summer and normalization starting in the fall... normalization meaning less volatility.

feds SHOULD cut rates next time (about 6 weeks form now) to reflect reality of recession, but - and IMO this is why markets down bigly - might not cause
does NOT help democrats in november

without a doubt federalies been purposefully lying about labor market ... significantly

the july report forced everyone to acknowledge the gaslighting

I expect volatility for rest of summer and normalization starting in the fall... normalization meaning less volatility.

feds SHOULD cut rates next time (about 6 weeks form now) to reflect reality of recession, but - and IMO this is why markets down bigly - might not cause
does NOT help democrats in november
Think the fear is if cutting the rates, that the inflation continues to roll. That would be a dagger to the current administration. It’s a fine line. Always understood that rates rising helps suck the cash out of the economy stabilizing runaway inflation. The lies can’t be hidden anymore. At some point, the pain just has to be felt for what it is.

Reagan administration/FED had overnight rates at like 20% early 80s... unemployment was above 10%... I flipped hamburgers with grown ass men when I was a teenager... I just wanted gas money they needed to pay rent.

BUT that did crush the carter inflation... and it took that in the 80s.

it appeared the fed, despite lying like clowns about inflation being 'transitory' ( yeah GoT did not forget ), had managed to get inflation back close to normal (2% or lower) without going full Volcker

now its looking like they should have just went full Volcker and got the pain over with

Reagan administration/FED had overnight rates at like 20% early 80s... unemployment was above 10%... I flipped hamburgers with grown ass men when I was a teenager... I just wanted gas money they needed to pay rent.

BUT that did crush the carter inflation... and it took that in the 80s.

it appeared the fed, despite lying like clowns about inflation being 'transitory' ( yeah GoT did not forget ), had managed to get inflation back close to normal (2% or lower) without going full Volcker

now its looking like they should have just went full Volcker and got the pain over with
I always quiver when people do not allow the market to correct itself. I believe there is going to be a lot of pain in local governments. They got used to the AARPA funds and now it is back to business as usual, but with cost of doing business 30% higher easy. I know of several cities where I live trying to figure out structural deficits at this juncture.

I always quiver when people do not allow the market to correct itself. I believe there is going to be a lot of pain in local governments. They got used to the AARPA funds and now it is back to business as usual, but with cost of doing business 30% higher easy. I know of several cities where I live trying to figure out structural deficits at this juncture.
Well, we shit the bed. We have known we shit the bed, yet didn’t get up and deal with it. There is going to be a lot of pain all around. It’s already happening, but it’s worse than is being felt. It’s like trying to hold up a tree with a few dudes that was fell in the wrong direction. She’s coming down.

Latest posts

Back