Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
FYI:

Beginning in August of 2006, Tennessee will have a sales tax holiday from 12:01 am on the first Friday of August through 11:59 pm on the following Sunday.

During the sales tax holiday, the following items are exempt from sales and use tax:

Clothing with a price of $100 or less per item

School supplies with a price of $100 or less per item

Computers with a price of $1,500 or less per item

Items specifically excluded from the holiday include:

computer software, clothing accessories, sports and recreation equipment, school art supplies, school instructional material, school computer supplies.

The exemption does not apply to items used in trade or in business, or to items that are rented.

Jeez, you guys are late! Or you're copycats...NC has been doing this for a while.

I hope you REALLY LIKE Wal-Mart, because you're gonna be there for a Loooonnngg time!

we are one tax happy state, except that we do not have an income tax. However everything else is taxed to the moon.

How about a sales tax rate sneaking up on 10%

Tennessee is one of the lowest taxed states in the country. People have nothing to complain about.

Personally, I think we'd be better off with a much lower sales tax and a minimal income tax.

Starkiller said:
Personally, I think we'd be better off with a much lower sales tax and a minimal income tax.

It'll never fly. Ironically, most of the people who get all in arms whenever the word "income tax" is uttered are the ones it would help the most. Sales tax hits the hardest at lower and middle class families who spend every dollar they make.

Exactly. People have gotten brain washed into believing that new taxes are inherently bad and have no clue how the system actually works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back