Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
price is just too high for a #1 overall pick. you'd probably have to give up 2 or 3 firsts to get the #1 pick, unless you already have a really high pick.

I doubt anyone is trading up into the top 3 with what's happened to the redskins. They handcuffed themselves with that trade and their extremely lucky RG3 and Cousins worked out or it would have been a big bust.

Every team with the No. 1 pick says this every year. Might as well float it out there and see if someone offers you five 1sts to move up.

But the Texans are not going to end up trading back. They're taking a QB.

Every team with the No. 1 pick says this every year. Might as well float it out there and see if someone offers you five 1sts to move up.

But the Texans are not going to end up trading back. They're taking a QB.

Honestly if I was an owner and I even got a whif that my HC or GM was about to trade multiple 1st round picks for 1 pick, they would be fired right there in the "war room".

I doubt anyone is trading up into the top 3 with what's happened to the redskins. They handcuffed themselves with that trade and their extremely lucky RG3 and Cousins worked out or it would have been a big bust.

How has RGIII and cousin's worked out for them exactly? Last I checked RG3 had 1 good year, then got his coach fired.

How has RGIII and cousin's worked out for them exactly? Last I checked RG3 had 1 good year, then got his coach fired.
Sophomore slumps are to be expected, but Luck hasn't done too terrible...

Who knows, maybe RG3 needs a little longer to blossom, like Cam newton did...?

Think about it though, would someone like Peyton Manning be worth 3 or 4 #1s? I bet lots of teams back in '98 wish they had made that trade

Think about it though, would someone like Peyton Manning be worth 3 or 4 #1s? I bet lots of teams back in '98 wish they had made that trade
how many PMs have come around since him though? There have been a lot more Tim Couches and David Carrs.

#1 overall QB picks since Manning:
Couch
Vick
Carr
Palmer
E Manning
A Smith
J Russell
Stafford
Bradford
Newton
Luck

None of these were worth even one 1st overall pick so far.

RG3 has had 1 great year and 1 good year, he's obviously worth what they gave up as franchise QB's aren't easy to find (see Tennessee Titans).

And they have Cousins in their back pocket who looks like a solid QB in the making

...I guess were being pretty loose with the term "worked out" today aren't we??

RG3 has had 1 great year and 1 good year, he's obviously worth what they gave up as franchise QB's aren't easy to find (see Tennessee Titans).

And they have Cousins in their back pocket who looks like a solid QB in the making

I wouldn't call 3-13 a good year by any stretch of the imagination ... and I wouldn't consider last year 'great' either.

If anything 2012 was a good year, and 2013 was an average year (at best)

2012 - 20 passing TDs and 5 ints ... pretty good
7 rushing TDs ... pretty good
12 fumbles ... WTF
3200 passing yards ... average
73.2 QBR ... pretty good
65% completion rate ... very good
8.1 yards per att ... below average
10-6 record ... pretty good

I would say that 2012 was a 'good' year for RG3 ... I wouldn't call it 'great' though

2013 - 16 passing TDs and 12 ints ... average
0 rushing TDs ... LOL
11 fumbles ... WTF
3200 passing yards ... average
40.1 QBR ... below average
60% completion rate ... average
7.5 yards per att ... below average
3-13 record (for RG3 and Cousins combined) ... LOL

How in the world could these 2 seasons (0 playoff wins, a coach getting fired and possibly needing to rebuild with a new coach) warrant 2 1st round picks? ... Maybe RG3 wins 5 superbowls for them in the future and we will look back and say it was worth it, but we sure has heck can't say that now

Im curious if Cleveland might offer up #4 & #24 for #1?

I doubt it ... is there even a consensus #1 pick in this draft?

Clowney is lazy
Manziel doesn't fit the NFL mold and his red flags for off-field issues
Bridgewater never really played against great competition

who is worth giving up 2 1st rd picks for, especially when you are almost garunteed one of those 3 picks anyway. They would have to REALLLLY fall in love with someone at the workouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back