Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
I went over to TexansTalk.com and they have a poll going as to which player they want. Young leads Bush almost 3-to-1.

I have a hard time believing this but, if the Texans take Young, I don't see the Saints taking Bush. I'd never have believed he'd been there at #3.

I don't see it happening but image Chow with Bush in his offense. :brow:

I rather have Young than Bush. Bush was a no show it sounds like in the Bowl game and doesn't have nearly the leadership of Young(not to mention White showed up Bush). The Texans fans may want Young, but they're going to get Bush. I think Young is far more benefitial to the Titans than Bush. His heart and leadership are just too hard to pass up on. Leadership is one thing the Titans need now more than ever.

hey man, like I've been saying al along - it's not a distant possibility for Reggie to be there. as a matter of fact, as a resultof Vince having a ridiculous game ,it has all but assured it.

all this "hometwon" kid stuff is beginning to boil in Houston. you can smell it in the air. I guess it all boils down to their new HC. (I bet Carr loves it, because he knows he's about to be released from hi hell)
Young fits in well in Houston, because that horrid Oline will continue t make him scramble

Texans - V Young
Saints - Leinart
Titans - Reggie Bush BABY!!!

Rose Bowl

Bush 13 carries 82 yards 1TD (6.x ypc)
6 receptions 95 yards (almost 16 per catch)

Add in return yards: 275 yards for Bush in the big game.

I'll still be somewhat disappointed if we don't get Young, but after I down the first celebratory beer, I'll be quickly over it.

again, with Domanick Davis I see no need for Houston to take Bush
the inadequacy on the line requires for a mobile QB

and before anyone says "well if you're going to use the Dom argument - we have Chris Brown" - I say this: Domanick Davis is a better back

Puck, I am in your Boat. If we get ANY of the big three I will be happy. If we get Bush, it gives us some room to play around with the offense, PLUS maybe Jacobs will be there in the second...WHO knows!!!

DeutschTitan said:
I rather have Young than Bush. Bush was a no show it sounds like in the Bowl game and doesn't have nearly the leadership of Young(not to mention White showed up Bush). The Texans fans may want Young, but they're going to get Bush. I think Young is far more benefitial to the Titans than Bush. His heart and leadership are just too hard to pass up on. Leadership is one thing the Titans need now more than ever.

Bush had a good game, but you don't notice the 3rd best players in the game when Young had 40000000 yards and LenDale White had 38 Touchdowns.

Bob McNair wants a winner soon, after all he paid $7 or 8 hundred million dollars if I'm not mistaken... Bush and the Denver zone blocking scheme will make the Texans formidable and will provide Carr the time he needs to pass to Bush and Johnson.. more importantly they don't have to wait 32 games for Vince to get his NFL legs.. so they will take Bush IMO, and we will take possibly the next Elway (VY)

ammotroop said:
Puck, I am in your Boat. If we get ANY of the big three I will be happy. If we get Bush, it gives us some room to play around with the offense, PLUS maybe Jacobs will be there in the second...WHO knows!!!

man, if we get Bush then Omar - I'm gonna be freaking stoked

This post should actually read: Texans fans prefer young. Houston is already on record as saying they will pick up the 8 million dollar option on Carr and will take Bush. If in fact they do pick up Carr's option the only other logical thing for them to do is trade the pick!

GO TITANS!!!

GM Casserly won't be a popular man if they pick Bush.

The fans want Young and the players don't want Bush, they'd rather Dom Davis and if I were Davis I would demand a trade.

My scenarios
1. Young falls, Titans pick Young, then work on DEF
2. Bush falls, Titans pick Bush, the Omar Jacobs, then DEF(trade Billy Volek)
3. Leinhart falls, Titans trade down, use extra picks to work on DEF and pick Jay Cutler

Not that John McLain knows everything, but he said numerous times that the Texans will not let Young fall to the Titans and that they won't pass him up. Said it very emphatically.

Nash said:
. so they will take Bush IMO, and we will take possibly the next Elway (VY)

ok, look Vince Young is not the next Elway
or the next Steve Young

he may be the next Randall Cunningham
or Donovan McNabb (my guess)
maybe a better Mike Vick (whatever that is)
or a carbon copy of Steve McNair

listening to John McClaine, you'd think that Bob MCNair would commit hari-kari if he passed on Young. Young grew up 5 miles from Reliant stadium

Vince Young is to Houston what Jay Cutler is to Nashville
thats why I think he'll b a Texan

Casserley is in a no win situation. he is going to piss off 66% of the fans with whatever he does on draft day. 1/3 want Bush, 1/3 Young, 1/3 trade down. I'd hate to be in his shoes because he knows that whoever he passes on has a great chance to be a Titan and that they will face them twice a yr. Reese has to love his spot.

I honestly don't care who we take of the top 3 or if trade down for a kings ransom because we will be upgrading our talent level without question and getting a premier player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back